A nice couple of hours with the Beeman C1

As some of you will remember,  this was the C1 that Ethan and Jimmy brought back to life and, Si worked his magic on the internals :thumbs:

After mentioning it to Ethan on his return thread, I thought it was about time to get it back out again - it's been a while.

........ all I've done to it is add a sling and mount a little Hawke Sport 4x32 duplex in a Dampa mount - apart from that, it's exactly as I recieved it and, I think it looks great :yes:

It's not the easiest thing to shoot - the straight stock and single stage trigger promotes a quick shot style and, it really does punish any lack of technique :whistling:

I like it :yes:

Anyway, I had a free afternoon so, I popped to the butchers, then round to Black Cat.

20190828_124719.jpg

• Like 4

As it's been a  while, I kept the range short - 20yrds and, tried a few different pellets.

15 shot groups.........

JSB Hades top left

H&N FTT top right

JSB Exact bottom left

Polymag Shorts bottom right

.............. more practice required :yes: :thumbs:

20190828_124530.jpg

20190828_124454.jpg

20190828_124639.jpg

• Like 1

Aye up Jonjon :bye:

Nice looking rifle but oh how right your statement of, single stage trigger promotes a quick shot style and will punish any lack of technique.

The old FWB Sport mk1`s are single stage and like that but once mastered it comes together, :good:

Enjoy Jj,

atb. Mark.

• Like 2

Still looks good Jon

bet it gets some attention at black cat

is the chrome work holding up jon

Been looking for a little rifle for shropshire dan, little lad

iv not say,d out to him yet but if i come across one ill get it for him

Got to say mind them hades are the best in that beeman

need to get some to try in the crown

You all ways did love that little rifle jon

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

It's spot on Jimmy and, the chrome work is holding up really well :thumbs:

....... but, I do give them a quick wipe with Balistol when I get home.

I forgot to say about that - anytime that C1 makes an appearance at the club, it gets attention :yes:

....... it's something that most have never seen so, it does generate interest. 

Those Hades are pretty good - they're a bit gimmicky but, they are accurate.

........ they're good in my '77 as well but, they really push the power up for some reason :hmm:

The C1 is a cracking little rifle mate - I like how it looks and how it handles. It kind of puts the fun back into it for me.

......... it's a credit to you, Ethan and Si :good:

16 minutes ago, si brown said:

I’m amazed you hit the board jon!!

could you remember which way to put the pellets in?

haha... only kiddin, get your other gear out of hibernation and get up to the rugby club?

It does feel a bit like that sometimes mate :rolleyes: :thumbs:

At the moment I'm  PCPless - I might sort another :hmm: but, at the moment I'm enjoying the springers and,  I've got the TX to a point where I'm happy to put NV on it :thumbs:

The rugby club has been a bit dead for a while but, we have picked up 2 big sports clubs that are 15 minutes from my front door so, next time you're down here......... :good:

Hope you're all well mate :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

It's spot on Jimmy and, the chrome work is holding up really well :thumbs:

....... but, I do give them a quick wipe with Balistol when I get home.

I forgot to say about that - anytime that C1 makes an appearance at the club, it gets attention :yes:

....... it's something that most have never seen so, it does generate interest. 

Those Hades are pretty good - they're a bit gimmicky but, they are accurate.

........ they're good in my '77 as well but, they really push the power up for some reason :hmm:

The C1 is a cracking little rifle mate - I like how it looks and how it handles. It kind of puts the fun back into it for me.

......... it's a credit to you, Ethan and Si :good:

those hades look a lot like them h&n hunter extreme.. I use them to set power levels as they've given me the highest ftlb way more than jsb heavy !

might buy a tin and sling a few through me 97:hmm:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

It does feel a bit like that sometimes mate :rolleyes: :thumbs:

At the moment I'm  PCPless - I might sort another :hmm: but, at the moment I'm enjoying the springers and,  I've got the TX to a point where I'm happy to put NV on it :thumbs:

The rugby club has been a bit dead for a while but, we have picked up 2 big sports clubs that are 15 minutes from my front door so, next time you're down here......... :good:

Hope you're all well mate :thumbs:

you'll be built like Jeff capes lugging a tx with nv on it:laugh:

go to confess I like lamping with the 97 but you know you've been out the next day:censored:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, si brown said:

you'll be built like Jeff capes lugging a tx with nv on it:laugh:

go to confess I like lamping with the 97 but you know you've been out the next day:censored:

I'm grateful for the Primos sticks when I'm out with it mate - it's not really a  walk and stalk set up.

It'd be interesting to see some accuracy tests with those Hades if you've got an FAC .22? :yes:

5 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'm grateful for the Primos sticks when I'm out with it mate - it's not really a  walk and stalk set up.

It'd be interesting to see some accuracy tests with those Hades if you've got an FAC .22? :yes:

I’ve got a slot on me ticket for a .22 but never bothered getting one cos the .25 impact is devastating, bet they’ll be mint in that? forget them south Africans on YouTube with there slugs you get a massive whack off normal pellets at 120yrd!

mitch has used them in his crown, not sure how good they are though?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, si brown said:

I’ve got a slot on me ticket for a .22 but never bothered getting one cos the .25 impact is devastating, bet they’ll be mint in that? forget them south Africans on YouTube with there slugs you get a massive whack off normal pellets at 120yrd!

mitch has used them in his crown, not sure how good they are though?

Push up your '97 mate - seriously,  that's probably one of the best springers I've ever fired :yes: :thumbs:

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Push up your '97 mate - seriously,  that's probably one of the best springers I've ever fired :yes: :thumbs:

It’s on it’s jollys in wales at the moment, lent it to a mate who’s working away!

think I’ll try a new spring when it gets back?

• Like 1