Growing Peppers...advice please!

I have never grown any peppers before but came by some seed, (not out of a packet) the result is 4 healthy plants all bearing lots of peppers.

Problem is I don't have a clue what peppers these are (I don't think they are any of the hotter types), I don't know what they are called, I don't know anything about the colour (all green at the moment) I don't know what shape they will be and I don't know when they will be ready to pick.

Pics attached, the largest is about 6" or 150mm.

Can someone please give me a layman's guide and hopefully tell me the type of peppers they are, the web has not been that helpful.

Cheers!

064.jpg.d5e12cdce382d131798a27d7e580cf76.jpg065.jpg.621bd6032663bd214e24c950da1b647a.jpg067.jpg.eaf241c4267fa6e6d4c3361f31e6aeee.jpg070.jpg.db681c1a303eebfd1c18a18ba8418016.jpg

Can be vaugely mild to blow your socks off ,if your not a hot hot eater dont use the seeds in your food .Not as hot as Jalapeneos but can still be bad to the unwary enjoy in a nice caserole or stew or like my mrs in a salad for a kick atb

I grew some sweet banana peppers last year and the kids loved them, the plant I grew this year from the same place was meant to be the same variety and the peppers looked the same but that's where the similarities ended. My eldest girl bit one in half to eat it and then screamed the place down and puked everywhere for the next half hour ?

Just picked this, I have no idea if its ripe and haven't even cut into it yet, frankly the only reason I picked it was because the plant was leaning a lot (I have loads of peppers on the plants).

Is it any help confirming type of pepper?

Cheers

101a.jpg.d3c6814c8b116c116aa92e48f327243b.jpg

3 hours ago, Arry said:

I don't recon it's ripe till it's red or possibly yellow or orange mate. Still think it's a Romano type Deker.

Put Romamo Peppers into Google images see what you think.

Cheers Arry

Certainly does look like them.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi Deker it could be an Hungarian hot wax they can be various colours yellow green red I believe, there not that hot people put them in stews salads etc they look very healthy, I’m growing some habanero at the moment nice and hot but I doubt they will be nothing like the Trinidad scorpions I grew last season which were insanely hot. 

• 3 months later...
On 29/08/2019 at 15:43, Jobi said:

Try the Chocolate Bhutlah, meant to be mild and very tasty. 

They not hot types. Nice stuffed with potato and onion deep fried Pakora  i cook em regular , cut a slither roll around tip of ya tongue if you not sure about any pepper  ? Few of me best this yr choc butlah Choc Douglah  choc reaper and choc naga  serious heat bangers 

29809297-37E7-4BA2-BA5A-56293391F657.jpeg

ED9DA617-C799-418E-97B1-6FB4F9C98FAC.jpeg

40C2BF29-9C5A-4601-971D-BF351A2B0605.jpeg

64F7F3BA-A98E-420F-BA8F-6C6E73B69111.jpeg

• Like 4

I've done chocolate bhut jolokia before  over a million on the scoville but very sweet and fruity a very nice chilli...didn't do any this year but getting the urge to get started again this year coming 

• Like 1