Unexpected mushroom find

Well went on a day out to Hay on Wye Sunday and picked up a few old hunting books. Stopped over the mountain afterwards for a picnic with my girlfriend and her family. Had the catapults out plinking at a can and as we were, we noticed these big white balls on the hill. 

Went over for a look, couldn't believe my eyes, never seen a puffball in the flesh and there were loads, mainly small but took the 2 biggest. 

Then the picnic turned into a mushroom hunt and in about 5 minutes we had a right haul. Then we spotted these huge ones, which with the help of arry off this forum one of my good friends identofoed as horse mushrooms, and the smaller I believe to be common field mushrooms. All new species for me and I've looked everywhere. 

Needles to say Im happy I now have a spot I can forage which is common ground and has lots of potential. All I have left is half a puffball I've scoffed the lot. 

I did throw one, that looked like a puffball but when I cut it open it had gills and wasn't solid all the way through. Which I identified as very poison and not a puffball. I also picked a white caped white gilled unknown mushroom to look up and turned ot to be called a destroying angel. Make sure you only eat if you know its safe, river cottage book 2 helps alot. 

DSC_1269.JPG

DSC_1272.JPG

DSC_1271.JPG

IMG-20190827-WA0020.jpg

• Like 2