New podcast just gone live ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m the same. Never enters my head to reach for my phone when I see something of interest in the countryside maybe it’s a generational thing because it seems it’s an automatic response to young people

I have had a lot of Rabbits taken by Buzzards and to me they seem to start at the rear end first 

Should be a new episode every two weeks, as long as more people come forward with there story,s etc there are a few more recorded then it’s reliant on new reports and story’s, , as I,ve mentioned befo

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

how do dogs react to the scent of big cats

Mine shat it’s self, the terriers did not seem to take much notice, but my runner who always wants to be 50 ft in front was almost crawling up my side tail tucked between its legs and not with it at all, years back two lads I know slipped on one this was in the day when everything was fair game and the dogs we’re capable of taking everything they ran it on sight but as soon as they were close they turned back and behaved the same, there are a few people on the podcast that had a dog with them in some cases it seems the dog is what they are interested in, has your dog gone a bit strange on you ? 

I’ll have a listen to them tonight, like Rusty says, pass the time more than anything. I’ve never encountered anything big cat like before, but I’ve met 2 different keepers that said if they shot one they’d bury it and not tell a soul, just to keep the stories going??‍♂️ Also my best mate and digging buddy reckons he lamped one a few years back and it jumped onto a fence and sat on it like a cat but was far bigger?? He’s sure it was a panther but who knows. It’s a small country in comparison to some and there’s never ‘concrete’ evidence, why?

Come on rusty you,ll be putting up pictures of your first kill site soon, I know your nibbling get out there and start searching, it’s the start of sept now which for me seems to be when they revert from the small and young prey foods to the larger stuff, I will hope to find a few bigger prey items between now and may, be really nice if one of you found something, I also take note of any road kill and if it disappears overnight have a look behind the nearsest hedge or patch of cover, easiest visual signs are animals being skinned out ribs cut close to spine and a rumin bag laying nearby, if you want to get proper mucky skin the head and throat to look for the suffocating marks either on the end of the nose or throat here’s a few you have seen and a few new ones to get you started, all you hunters on here should be able to find a few for me ???

0DEDE444-CE48-4F8F-96CF-AADCBC380300.jpeg

CBBD5AD8-D62E-4C2E-A7F2-0DFA462D6DC1.jpeg

076743B8-1BB6-40B7-BACE-7DC8EB80BEE6.jpeg

D6EDAAFE-2420-4FF9-8E0A-9DC661FA3A95.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s something I find from time to time, found this one yesterday morning, buzzards turn rabbits into a sock by eating out the inside normally start with a small hole by the shoulder for the vital organs before taking the rest out the back end guess it’s the organs first incase they loose the meal, buzzards are pretty common round here unlike big cats yet I,ve only ever found a couple of these, just saying ?

371F48DB-2B4C-4296-A55B-FCA025C3648C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, micky said:

1871470062_Copyofmickspics244.jpg.e03d6ab975c394b8d7089ba97d763f7c.jpg

I have had a lot of Rabbits taken by Buzzards and to me they seem to start at the rear end first 

Her you go mate live in action, think they go in from the arse end after they have pulled the best bits out through the shoulder and moved the rumin bag out the way, maybe they go about it different because yours are tethered last one I found was eaten from the arse but had a small hole in the shoulder were the best bits were taken out first or maybe it’s a north south thing ?

Edited by Greyman
2 minutes ago, micky said:

What killed this one ?

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

That’s interesting why hasn’t the free half been taken? Do you no the answer ? And are all the organs missing from the front half ?  More questions than answers I’m afraid ?