New podcast just gone live ?

If anyone is on any other kind of countryside/wildlife/ fishing forums would you be kind enough to add a link to the podcast as it’s a good way for us to build up our database and gives people that have seen something but don’t want the ridicule a chance to speak up, thanks ??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m the same. Never enters my head to reach for my phone when I see something of interest in the countryside maybe it’s a generational thing because it seems it’s an automatic response to young people

I have had a lot of Rabbits taken by Buzzards and to me they seem to start at the rear end first 

Should be a new episode every two weeks, as long as more people come forward with there story,s etc there are a few more recorded then it’s reliant on new reports and story’s, , as I,ve mentioned befo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Got to say I'm still a sceptic but the podcasts were really interesting and if anything a good listen and a good way to pass time.  What you make of the points I made greyman ? I reckon tho the podcasts have got the conspiracy theorist in me thinking as in considering buying a trail cam lol just hope nobody like myself gets to it and gives it a booting. Karma for my trash talk lol.

If you live in an area that has been visited by a cat on its travels it will eventually come through again so more than one family member seeing them is not uncommon, I,ve also met most of these people and seen the impact it has had on there lives, the lad in the camper van often drives up to Cirencester to our meetings and collects reports in his area he is in no doubt what he saw which is why he spends so much time trying to find it again, it’s like a disease mate, I always just accepted they were out there as so many of my mates had seen them in the 80s90s but it still took some time for the penny to drop when I started finding things on land I had hunted over for over 30 years now I,m very tuned in and always watch the corvids and look for track traps on lanes and gateways, etc as I,ve said before even if you never get a cat on your camera they will give you an insight into your environment  beyond anything else good luck and enjoy ?

6 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Sod that - if I was out and saw what I honestly thought to be a big cat, I would not be trying to get closer.

......... how fast can something like a Puma cover 20yrds if it decides you're dinner? :fool:

That’s a big jump mate no point running, stand tall face your foe and back away is what the experts say, but who really knows how they would act until it happens ✌️

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'd expect nothing less than a corpse youd beat to a pulp worh your bare hands

Yeah I would easy but as you know i Iove big cats. 

Edited by Jobi

Is there just 3 episodes available for this then as in two panthers together, to close for comfort and the exmore one as that is all that I can see on the page or is there another link or something that I'm not aware of..

7 hours ago, dodger said:

Is there just 3 episodes available for this then as in two panthers together, to close for comfort and the exmore one as that is all that I can see on the page or is there another link or something that I'm not aware of..

6 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I have only managed to get them 3. What you make of them 

Should be a new episode every two weeks, as long as more people come forward with there story,s etc there are a few more recorded then it’s reliant on new reports and story’s, , as I,ve mentioned before it’s all done at our own expense in our spare time so there are no guarantees but that’s the plan, the pm,s will all be answered but I’m getting a bit swamped and I’m slow as feck so bear with me ??

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I have only managed to get them 3. What you make of them 

No sure how accurate they are but found them interesting n who knows gotta be something in it..

summet abit different as well as not often you get to hear about em is it..

On 31/08/2019 at 08:16, Greyman said:

Just received an email to say I will be on episode 9 with a lad named Matt, who is the lad that works in tv and made the documentary after he saw one

Another couple of episodes have been added ??

• Like 1
On 27/08/2019 at 20:49, Balaur said:

Got to admit I never seem to get action shots with my dogs because I'm in the moment and either willing them on or shitting myself. If I see wildlife out and about I'm too busy watching it . By the time I ever contemplate a pic it's normally gone. 

I’m the same. Never enters my head to reach for my phone when I see something of interest in the countryside maybe it’s a generational thing because it seems it’s an automatic response to young people. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Whats the deal with Frank turnbridge greyman ? Is he held in high regard in the uk big cat scene .

Frank has probably been doing this for longer than most people put together so yes I guess he is, he also puts his phone number in national newspapers and on the web so a lot of people contact him, had quite a good sighting with a short video last year on the Cotswolds the video was date and time stamped, the people were not from this area and had no ideal about big cats but they were on the phone to frank within 15 mins of taking the video as they went straight online after seeing it and his number came straight up, he,s also a very knowledgeable countryman and a really interesting person to speak with, still out several times a week and in his 70s now, lastly he is just a really nice bloke and someone I always look forward to bumping into ✌️

54 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Hope you dont mind me asking greyman. How many sightings have you personally had. Excluding evidence like scratching and prints etc. How many things have you laid eyes on that you feel are undoubtedly a big cat wild in the uk ? 

Two mate the first one was in 2015 at a place called tarrick monkton in Dorset I was in the car and as I drove down a lane I just saw a big black cat stalking a hedge line it was only a short distance from me and I was driving at a crawl in a windie single track lane I never even stopped I new exactly what it was but it took a while to sink in, I went back got my dogs and returned to the spot, the dogs reactions confirmed to me what had been there, the second one was two years later and it was in a field near Tewkesbury I was a passenger in a van coming down the m5 and it was just in a field alongside the motorway, when I got home I rang the man that keeps records of sightings and he told me he had had 4 other people who had called in after seeing it, I think there was even a bit of grainy video from a lorry dash cam though I never saw the footage, I would dismiss anything I saw if I wasn’t 100 percent sure, just before I saw the first one I also found my first hollowed out deer, again I wasn’t really looking so never bothered taking any pics or anything ?

7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Before the sightings was the hollowed carcass the thing that sparked your interest? 

Were I live I,ve always heard of them being out there and have had lots of mates who saw them out lamping in the 80s so just accepted there were a few out there, roll forward 2015 and I was walking an area I had walked over day and night for more than 30 years when I found a deer in long grass on the edge of a wood it was very fresh and dripping with blood back legs off hollow rib cage and the grass was flattened down were something had lay there and ate it, I had been given a camera for Christmas so put it in a hedge nearby and everything avoided the corpse for two weeks, then I just got more cameras at birthdays and Christmas and kept them in the area loved it just seeing what was out there then I caught a cat on one  met rick and got more involved  as time went on, I,m still out with my dogs shoot a few squirrels with my catty but just do it in areas I think contain a cat and change battery’s and SD cards on route, help rick at the odd fair and go to a few slide shows ??