Coming to the end of the holidays

On 29/08/2019 at 19:04, gnasher16 said:

The fun with being " spur of the moment townies " in these type of scenarios is the funny looks people with hiking boots,thermo flasks,compasses and rucksacks give 3 dosey looking ruffians wearing shorts and t shirt kneeling down in the blocks position of a 100 metre sprint at the bottom of a mountain ?

" Do you think we should of brought a bottle of water " my pal said......" no f**k it we,re fit enough....ready,steady,go " i says ?

The things people do for a bet !

Sounds like you got the right approach Mushroom....planning is key to enjoying it as opposed to just surviving ?

Just got back now. Absolutely shattered, did a fair old trek in the heat. I'll do a proper write up with some pics on another thread.

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just got back from a  little all nighter on the wye with my 3❤can't beat the outdoors with the little uns?

Promised the little ins we could go 'camping' in the garden during school hols. You know life has changed when such an event gets your bivvy out for the first time in years! Wouldnt change it for the

we bin this week.....4 days away....cracking little site 30 miles up the road from us.....little stream running threw the campsite with rope swings across and fallen trees across it ....hire a fire pi

Posted Images

I dont know if any of you chaps are familiar with the old bulldog man Don Mayfield but i used to listen to him talk about his shade tree in Texas he would sit under it and write his stories and think about the world,ive always told friends of mine about him and how id love to have something like that .....i have a little place in Cyprus and wasnt able to get over there for the last few years so had a few friends spending some time there....they did a nice little surprise for me by having a bench built out of the local rock under a tree high up in the mountains behind the house.....i wouldnt say its picturesque but its absolutely silent up there and has its own kind of rugged beauty....theres battered old steps that go much further up to an old disused monastery,ive spent some lovely time just mincing about there,having a beer,ive even finished 2 books !...now and again a few goats will come over and investigate....the wife thinks im barmy but i really like the peace and solitude of it...just getting old i suppose ?

IMG_5668.jpg

1a15f521-6060-457e-8941-9c230c992f59 (1).JPG

IMG_5349 (2).jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6