Red kites heading south

Similar story mate, my old mans mate would take me fishing or bird watching if I stayed out of trouble, sadly I forgot my part of the bargain but it sewed the seeds for the man I am today and am eternally grateful ✌️ 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw 1 or 2 in some gaff called Rhayader a few days ago.....i,ll have to get a proper camera one of these days !  

It has mate - Dee rd estate (where I grew up) is still a shit hole. The Oxford road is a perfect case study for how not to do multiculturalism (Labours wet dream).  But, the top end of Tilehurst,

The most I've seen in England is in the Oxford area, they are everywhere. 

Posted Images

In 74 I used to go Rabbiting at a place called Liddington right at the side of  Uppingham I think that this were the first releases took place  by the People who were running the Osprey project at near by Rutland Water the place was alive with Rabbits and I thought that the twice yearly Mixi outbreaks would help establish them , the project was a winner and with in 5 years you could see birds all over south Leicestershire,  there were a lot of Feed stations in the area and they thrived , people said that they only ate Carrion  but a Keeper I know who is a very serious man saw one kill a pheasant Poult  so will this be a problem in the future ?

8 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Give me a glimpse of a peregrine any day....... 

I do love a  peregrine myself and am fortunate to have a lot near me, if I watch the sky from my garden I will see one or two a week circling overhead and know of loads of nest sites within a 10 mile radius ?? 

Just now, Greyman said:

I do love a  peregrine myself and am fortunate to have a lot near me, if I watch the sky from my garden I will see one or two a week circling overhead and know of loads of nest sites within a 10 mile radius ?? 

Unfortunately I don't have any local to me, amazing bird. 

Just now, ginger beard said:

Got some on my permission near the cliffs.always there,love em.

I've seen them before when I was working at Buxton in the lime works, would have loved to see them hunt there. 

45 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I've seen them before when I was working at Buxton in the lime works, would have loved to see them hunt there. 

They are normally a long way up, circling round and round like a spec in the sky but I have seen them fold up and go into a dive on a few occasions, the amount of pigeons on the docks near my house provide a never ending year round food source , think there are 5/6 nesting pairs on the docks alone plus another half dozen pairs around the city that I no of ??

• Like 1

We see quite a few by Mum & Dads place in Tilehurst, Reading - I guess they could be nesting in Lousehill Copse.

When we moved them into their bungalow a few years ago, they were everywhere  - we counted more than 20 flying around.

One even came down into the back garden  for the dogs bone while I was out there.

....... I like seeing them.

33 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

We see quite a few by Mum & Dads place in Tilehurst, Reading - I guess they could be nesting in Lousehill Copse.

When we moved them into their bungalow a few years ago, they were everywhere  - we counted more than 20 flying around.

One even came down into the back garden  for the dogs bone while I was out there.

....... I like seeing them.

My mum had a aunt in tilehurst when I was a kid , bet it’s changed since I was there 40 year ago?