Red kites heading south

Sorry no picture but I saw my second ever red kite yesterday flying over the city of Bristol, seems they are making there way down the m4 corridor simular to the ring necks parakeets  I normally start seeing kites up toward Swindon and no of parakeets as far south as Gloucester, ??

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw 1 or 2 in some gaff called Rhayader a few days ago.....i,ll have to get a proper camera one of these days !  

It has mate - Dee rd estate (where I grew up) is still a shit hole. The Oxford road is a perfect case study for how not to do multiculturalism (Labours wet dream).  But, the top end of Tilehurst,

The most I've seen in England is in the Oxford area, they are everywhere. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, socks said:

I can stand in my garden and count 20+ on most days ... no parakeets though .....

Saw quite a few when I came up to see you, but quite nice to see souring over the m5 bridge at Avonmouth ?

• Like 1

I can remember discovering the parakeets in London for the first time. I could here a bird calling and knew that was no UK bird, looked up and there it was. They are nosiy b*****ds I'll give them that, I wonder how many get predated on. 

kites have made a massive come back last few yrs all around Wales from the beacons right up to devils bridge,Aberystwyth, Bala. I've noticed more sparrowhawks too locally ....finding lots of kills around plucking posts?

• Like 1

Getting regular sparrow hawk hits on the bird table at the moment and as I’m sat here writing this he,s just hit the french doors, great to see so many bops doing so well especially as I live in a rather industrial area ?

There regular down here,about 8 miles from the south coast.

I saw 3 flying over work one day.we all got a right hard on even the boss was out all with bino's.phoned 2 mates who are keen bird watchers and they wasn't excited and told me they show up every couple of years.

1st time for me though and i liked it.i still stop and look at buzzards and there everywhere.

• Like 1