Lamp/Light Question

6 hours ago, my hounds said:

The Light Force L140 comes with a 75 watt bulb has any one replaced it with a 100 watt bulb I realise it will be brighter due to the 25 watt difference,my question is does it throw a longer beam and is it noticeable,cheers.

Put a 100 watt bulb in a 140 many of times sweet as long as you don’t have it on to long atb longers01 

38 minutes ago, spanielsandhawks said:

Pictures were taken for memories, not testing the lamp. my lamp was a lot tighter, her was opened slightly and variable, not sure if she had it full on? but a reference for the lad that asked. Its all i need ATB

Good man there

• Like 1
20 hours ago, longers01 said:

Put a 100 watt bulb in a 140 many of times sweet as long as you don’t have it on to long atb longers01 

That's one of my thoughts/questions if the lamp is on how longs "too long",what have you experienced?,atb.

I was using a 140 with a 100 watt bulb in for little bits and bobs ( airgun) and it has been fine so far (admittedly not used as much as I used to,no dog in this season) I've just lined my Greyhound with a mates Deerhound so fingers crossed. I also use a cut down filter that's painted black to tighten the beam up on my Lightforce lamps except the Blitz to stop as much overspill. Hopefully I will use the 140 with a thermal so the lamp will be used a lot less than in the past anyway.The 140 lamp came to me off a mate and it also had a black spot in the middle of the beam,I tried a few different bulbs but it did not cure it ?? I then sussed out that there was a snot on the front of the poly lens cover right in the centre so I sanded it off with different grades of wet/dry nothing to heavy just light enough to be removing the snot and then once the snot was removed I polished the area with a Dremel with a polishing mop in it and toothpaste and it worked a treat. Ive used all sorts of lamps over the years from home made to  Clulite to all the different Lightforce range and also led which I just could not get on with. hth 

IMG_3300.JPG

Edited by MickC
21 hours ago, my hounds said:

That's one of my thoughts/questions if the lamp is on how longs "too long",what have you experienced?,atb.

I left my 170 in the boot one night and it was accidentally left on all night till battery ran out,it left a little bronze mark on the reflector but it did not effect the lamp at all.  I suppose it could of been worse if the battery was fully charged but it had been used  that night before being left on.

20 hours ago, MickC said:

I left my 170 in the boot one night and it was accidentally left on all night till battery ran out,it left a little bronze mark on the reflector but it did not effect the lamp at all.  I suppose it could of been worse if the battery was fully charged but it had been used  that night before being left on.

MickC sent you a PM,atb My Hounds.