Lamp/Light Question

1 minute ago, my hounds said:

The Light Force L140 comes with a 75 watt bulb has any one replaced it with a 100 watt bulb I realise it will be brighter due to the 25 watt difference,my question is does it throw a longer beam and is it noticeable,cheers.

Think it might throw to much heat out and burn the lense it’s ok to have 100w bulb in the 170 and 240  not ? though atb B.B. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bunnyboiler said:

Think it might throw to much heat out and burn the lense it’s ok to have 100w bulb in the 170 and 240  not ? though atb B.B. 

That was my thoughts as well,but before I posted this question I talked to a Light Force distributer who said it was ok to use and there would be a longer beam so I guess it could handle the extra heat/wattage,i just wondered if any one has tried or doing it.If need be as a secondary safety precaution I will email Light Force them selves,cheers and thanks for your reply.

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Remember the old cluelite had 50w bulbs people started changing to 100w bulbs without changing the reflection backing to the alloy back out the blazer they were getting melt down 

That's right Poxon,some people  still get the Cluson "Lazer" light what  still  has got a plastic reflector hence going to a 100 watt bulb through heat it would  damage the reflector,but with the Cluson" Blazer" light because it has a metal reflector it can handle the heat etc and if you find the 100 watt bulb too strong for your purposes you can drop down to a 75 watt or even 50 watt bulb no problem.Then of course theres the vertical/horizontal  filament which   throw different beams ,but sticking to my  question i have emailed Light Force International.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, my hounds said:

That's right Poxon,some people  still get the Cluson "Lazer" light what  still  has got a plastic reflector hence going to a 100 watt bulb through heat it would  damage the reflector,but with the Cluson" Blazer" light because it has a metal reflector it can handle the heat etc and if you find the 100 watt bulb too strong for your purposes you can drop down to a 75 watt or even 50 watt bulb no problem.Then of course theres the vertical/horizontal  filament which   throw different beams ,but sticking to my  question i have emailed Light Force International.

Do people still use laser lite blazer lite there not for the serious lamper handle thin as a pencil ffs?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Do people still use laser lite blazer lite there not for the serious lamper handle thin as a pencil ffs?

Yes they do B n,the reason being of their age (better/bad eyes) no light pollution and low cloud cover  from maybe October onwards depending on which part of the UK you live.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I used one for years I’ve still got it as a spare it was gifted to me by a family member that lamp as seen some serious action over the years people say there no good for big land But that’s not true since changing lamp I’ve noticed no difference in catch rate owning a 170 variable but still like the idea of a walking lite an flip up filter of the blazer 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

I used one for years I’ve still got it as a spare it was gifted to me by a family member that lamp as seen some serious action over the years people say there no good for big land But that’s not true since changing lamp I’ve noticed no difference in catch rate owning a 170 variable but still like the idea of a walking lite an flip up filter of the blazer 

EF5D9A90-C2E1-4B01-BC7C-CE87198DC684.jpeg

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, my hounds said:

Yes they do B n,the reason being of their age (better/bad eyes) no light pollution and low cloud cover  from maybe October onwards depending on which part of the UK you live.

One thing I’ve noticed about modern lamps is there that powerful that when your lamping stuff some times the beams that focus an bright it burns the sight out the centre of the beam I like both lamps modern an old they can still both be used effectively 

7 minutes ago, poxon said:

One thing I’ve noticed about modern lamps is there that powerful that when your lamping stuff some times the beams that focus an bright it burns the sight out the centre of the beam I like both lamps modern an old they can still both be used effectively 

There all I use lads was just having a crack wi u like I don't get on wi led so just stick to the pencil handles lol great lamps the are 

Bin done 2 death this so I'll shut me gob now

Edited by Black neck
Spelling
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Black neck said:

There all I use lads was just having a crack wi u like I don't get on wi led so just stick to the pencil handles lol great lamps the are 

Bin done 2 death this so I'll shut me gob now

I don’t get on with led stuff the lights to clear for my eyes I struggle to spot stuff 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I don’t get on with led stuff the lights to clear for my eyes I struggle to spot stuff 

I agree I bought one used it once give it away ... stick to what you know...halogen  been around many years why try fix something that’s not broken?? ?‍♂️

• Like 2