HW100 bullpup

Just been having a look at one of these in my RFD, not bad really but a few negative points for me. The stock was a little short for me and the pistol grip is preformed to a given shape so if you hand fits the shape of the grip, great but if like me and two other guys in the shop including the owner of the shop, we all found the shaping didn't fit our hand plus a little to short in the depth of the grip. This rifle would benefit greatly by having changable grips as on the FX Impact so you could get a more comfortable grip. Weirauch don't make good looking guns and this one is no different to any other, in fact even more ugly.

Plus points, well balanced with a superb cocking lever (similar to FX) so you do not have to cock the rifle while the cocking lever is tucked in your ear as with a number of bullpups. The lever is perfectly positioned and smooth to use. On the base of the grip, there is an over large flat base which does make for a perfect hand position to support the gun as you would with free standing target shooting and is very comfortable.

It is priced in my RFD at £1125 and would I pay that much..............................no to be honest, I would save up a more and buy an FX Impact or Crown with more features. I have the 110k which whilst some of you lot do not like, it is less money (a lot less) and fits better in the shoulder, same shot count, just as accurate, lighter and just as quiet. Just my opinion.

Phil

• Like 2

Yes, in that price range, the Wildcat every day of the week, I wished I had kept one of mine. The ONLY down side to them is the 8 shot mags which when ratting, can be a bloody pain but apart from that I loved mine.

Phil

Im with the vman all the way. They look just well to tactical from what the original 100 stood for. If I want a pup, Ill go for one from a manufacture that started off with pups [within reason]. The foreign or Yank stuff.

Bangin working parts, obvs, but the 100, dare I say, was never ment to be a pup. They just caught on to the craze hitting the market and gone "shit, we best make a pup!, lets just drop what is about perfect closer the shoulder... lets make it shiny and black, [like one of vmans love honey toys ?] and mould it around the palm."

But what would of been mint, is if they didnt. And just stood by and watched. And maybe, made a new, revised full length sporter... a subtle twist on the grain if you will. Or even a new springer, jeeeeez, when will that happen from any of the manufacturers. Something from HW that will take note of perhaps the Pro Elite/Sport from AA. Something so on point, its like, bloody hell, they understand the principles of shooting... without a life tank. Maybe even the next step of unlimited shots, without the need for stripping A NEW RIFLE DOWN and tekin out the parts [thats Ive just paid for] to make something better. 

Thinking about it, what am I actually paying for when it comes to buying a HW... the framework basically. Cos its gay inside. AA's arent like that.

No Jimmy thats the thing from BAR, RFB is referring to the HW100BP,  the new model from Weihrauch that you liked at the Northern Shooting show earlier this year.

https://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/news/gun-test-the-weihrauch-hw100-bp-and-bp-karbine-1-5988407

In answer to your question RFB, I really don't know but I think it is beech covered with a soft touch coating as with the 110 and a nasty plastic grip. I didn't realise they are producing a normal length and a karbine version......................it's a fcuking bullpup so what the hell are Weihrauch doing with a 'NORMAL' length version. Give me strength. 

Phil

• Like 1