Harsh winter ???

23 minutes ago, Sox74 said:

I wouldn't do this way either to be honest. 

I just freeze the sloes till the sink is split on them, then just add the sugar and what ever alcohol you like.

I use vodka and white rum, leave in a dark press for about 6 weeks. 

Strain the fruit, put it back into the jar and top it up again with cider, leave again for a couple of weeks. A nice drink.

I have done this with cherries, blackberries and blueberries. With some fresh chillie slices add as well for flavour. 

Atb Sox 

All out of likes ??

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nature has all the the answers to mans modern problems we just have to look, so you are correct, everything god makes is constructive nearly everything man makes is destructive. A quote by victor sher

Tomato plants are five feet and no fruits really but the other tomato plants are bud heavy

I could be way off the mark as I sometimes forget my own name but I think it may be 250g sugar and same sloes to a litre of spirit and don’t wait for the frost to pick em just stick them in the freeze

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sox74 said:

One thing i would like to add to thia is, make sure your containers are air tight.

Otherwise the alcohol will evaporate, and it will loose a lot of it content

Atb sox

I use kilner jars I think they are called with a rubber seal and a wire clip that pulls the lid tight rubber does perish but they work well for a few years ✌️

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I use kilner jars I think they are called with a rubber seal and a wire clip that pulls the lid tight rubber does perish but they work well for a few years ✌️

I bought new ones last year for making sloe ect liqueurs, and lost a lot of the alcohol content. 

Can't explain why, just something that happened. Was disappointing.

Might buy new seals this year, and try one batch to see how it goes.

Atb Sox 

8 minutes ago, Arry said:

All way been told sloes are better after a frost, no idea if it's true.

Cheers Arry

That’s because they need to split to be used and they split in the frost ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, socks said:

That’s because they need to split to be used and they split in the frost ?

Out of likes mate. makes sense to me.

Buy the way very nice to have met you at the comp Socks. That knife and drinking horn was really something and fetch a huge sum. Big respect.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Best way is to put fruit in the oven sprinkled with sugar and cook in oven till it makes a syrup 1lb fruit sloes , blackcurrant raspberry or what takes your fancy half pound caster sugar when cooled in killer jar 1litre gin or whiskey what ever .2 weeks and strained through muslin cloth then drink .Mrs keeps the fruit then makes jam

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

I'd go as far as a whisky Mac in my hip flask but prefer my whisky neat . Sacrilege springs to mind.... lol

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

I'd go as far as a whisky Mac in my hip flask but prefer my whisky neat . Sacrilege springs to mind.... lol

Without a doubt as it comes, but sloe whisky beats gin.

8 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've never tried it tbh, not a fan of chilli vodka that was popular couple of years back.

My favourite hunting drink when it's Baltic has to be bullshot. Which is minestrone soup and vodka with loads of pepper and Tabasco served hot. 

Brandy and loveage in a hip flask mate, absolute cracker in the cold loveage is a slightly alcoholic cordial made from the lovage plant give it a go this winter ?

• Like 2