Light , short mod for 243

On 21/08/2019 at 21:40, ianm said:

They weigh a ton!

Don't take this as gospel but I think they have changed a bit over the years.  

I had an S5 on my .223, must be 15 years ago, moderation was very good, but as you say it was really heavy, and so imbalanced the gun it soon went!

I think the newer incarnations may have shed some weight, who knows if this has effected the sound moderation.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
23 minutes ago, Deker said:

Don't take this as gospel but I think they have changed a bit over the years.  

I had an S5 in my .223, must be 15 years ago, moderation was very good, but as you say it was really heavy, and so imbalanced the gun it soon went!

I think the newer incarnations may have shed some weight, who knows if this has effected the sound moderation.

:thumbs:

Mine feels heavy in the hand but doesn’t imbalance the gun , i can’t tell it’s there when on the gun , an sound moderation is very good on the 223, excellent on 17 hornet and as good as any of my friends mods on the 243 and a lot smaller than most  of there’s , weight is 345g 

Hauksen SK156 (MD45 isn't chambered in .243):                                     345 grams

ASE SL5i:                                                                                                           335-345 grams

DPT Ultralight:                                                                                                   260 grams

Lawrence Prescision Titanium Neon:                                                           290 grams

ATEC Optima Front:                                                                                          260 grams

I'm sure there's more. Google is your friend if all you're concerned about is weight.

• Like 1