Cycling with dogs

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Much about

Yes fuucking herds of frigging goats... daft cnuts they are and well he's right on it isn't he. My mate starts yelling back to me, to vibrate his collar because he's just took off after about 200 goats and one of them is gonna get it. No-one saw if he pulled one and he returned pretty sharpish. No more hour waits for the prick to return, since I got this collar on him ?

• Haha 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dog is on an attachment behind bike  and I do 25km a day and the Cnut still isn't losing any weight. 

Yeah but its not my bike.

I just stick mine on a treadmill.That way I can just sit and drink stella and smoke weed whilst they get super fit

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Yes fuucking herds of frigging goats... daft cnuts they are and well he's right on it isn't he. My mate starts yelling back to me, to vibrate his collar because he's just took off after about 200 goats and one of them is gonna get it. No-one saw if he pulled one and he returned pretty sharpish. No more hour waits for the prick to return, since I got this collar on him ?

Got 1 for me terrier years ago it just used to hunt off on it's own for hours we had try to ambush the little fecker and rugby tackle it got the collar had a different dog within a week brilliant birra kit

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Bumping into someone not a problem bumping into something and fecking off after it be my problem 

Stock and game are safe enough with my girl (so far anyways lol) it's people I worry about. She's love people, running up to them to greet them.

Not everyone likes to see a pitbull running towards them, even if it doesn't mean any harm. 

Safer  alround, for dog and everyone just to keep her on a lead.

Atb Sox 

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Got 1 for me terrier years ago it just used to hunt off on it's own for hours we had try to ambush the little fecker and rugby tackle it got the collar had a different dog within a week brilliant birra kit

I got it a few years ago because he was being a nightmare when we were chilling on a terrace or park or beach or anywhere he had to lie down and shut the fuuck up. He soon got the message and I stopped using it.

After last year in the mountains, when he took off after a herd of reds and we had to wait an hour between two bloody peaks on a ridge, freezing our bollocks off, I thought fuuck that. So I always put it on him now, when we go. Tbh it doesn't always work ? when he's really opened up, I could rumble him and he'd just run faster ? there's no stopping him (which I have to admit I like in a dog). But it does work if you catch him before he's going flat out ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I don't cycle daily but I do skate with mine, regular and we can easily cover 15-20Km on a day, going across the city. Usually a couple of times a week but it can vary wildly. 

Just got back from hiking/camping a few days in the mountains and lowballing I'd say 50-60km for us, so fuuck knows how many for the dogs backing and forthing and that's in brutal heat. Bikes, blades etc are brilliant for upping stamina in a dog imo

That sound like a great break for a few days away.

As I said, it was just walking my girl, about 7 to 10 miles average every second day. 

I feel on the bike she could get that bit extra push, as you said to help with stamina.

As she's not a working or hunting dog, I not worried about the top end of the stamina side, just to keep her fit and healthy for long trecks in the hills and forests. 

Atb Sox 

14 minutes ago, Sox74 said:

Stock and game are safe enough with my girl (so far anyways lol) it's people I worry about. She's love people, running up to them to greet them.

Not everyone likes to see a pitbull running towards them, even if it doesn't mean any harm. 

Safer  alround, for dog and everyone just to keep her on a lead.

Atb Sox 

I see 

1 minute ago, Sox74 said:

That sound like a great break for a few days away.

As I said, it was just walking my girl, about 7 to 10 miles average every second day. 

I feel on the bike she could get that bit extra push, as you said to help with stamina.

As she's not a working or hunting dog, I not worried about the top end of the stamina side, just to keep her fit and healthy for long trecks in the hills and forests. 

Atb Sox 

Nothing wrong with keeping a working or non working dog in peak condition. I had a staffy (granted I did work her) and she was shown no quarter, neither was the queenie footed Jack Russell. When we went out walking, it was keep up from 5-6months old. No matter where we were ;)

I see so many fat pets here it pisses me off. My mates cringe when I see one and beg me not to say anything ?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Nothing wrong with keeping a working or non working dog in peak condition. I had a staffy (granted I did work her) and she was shown no quarter, neither was the queenie footed Jack Russell. When we went out walking, it was keep up from 5-6months old. No matter where we were ;)

I see so many fat pets here it pisses me off. My mates cringe when I see one and beg me not to say anything ?

I understand fully what you mean.

Nothing worse than an over weight, unexcerised dog, it shows pure laziness on the owners part imo.

This girl is fit and healthy, and she loves her walks and runs.

The bike will be a new step in the excerise game.

This girl is 19" and 36 lb.

Atb Sox 

Edited by Sox74
Spelling
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Fair play dave is that a head cam or on your utility belt black ops ?

No mate my "new" phone, would have been better with camera, even better with the headcam I got for my birthday last August but haven't used yet.?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1