My Collie Curs

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t he pick his runs tho?

Not that I know katchum but the jukels style of running would suggest not do e good bags on fast land very capable on the ferritin seems his owner don't own a fert. Lol that Bryn was a very quick f1 collie grey that's fa sure.worked well say and night. Best ask ray if he chosd his runs I doubt it. Atb bill

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie Cur Sid, he’s coming on well and he’s a pretty steady pup. Regards Collie John.

Atb with the pup John I’ve been getting a  grew x collie first cross ready for the season , she’s just turned ten months and she’s just over 21’ tts I like what I ‘m seeing at the min ? 

Sire, and Dam to the pups. Regards Collie John.

Posted Images

Them saturated collie greys wo t catch cronies down here in the winter in numbers plus the man's a ferritin man looking fa a stud that his where I would go I would use a jukel that can catch e. Anywhere day and night Bryn just happens ta be a collie grey first generation. Atb bill

39 minutes ago, shaaark said:

All collie x's do don't they? ?

So I’ve heard ?? didn’t have no trouble with mine I’m guessing it’s more a heavy collie base thing that makes them pick an choosers or old age being clever and wise 

2 hours ago, billhardy said:

Not that I know katchum but the jukels style of running would suggest not do e good bags on fast land very capable on the ferritin seems his owner don't own a fert. Lol that Bryn was a very quick f1 collie grey that's fa sure.worked well say and night. Best ask ray if he chosd his runs I doubt it. Atb bill

suppose , its how you look at it really, i had fair few 30s in a night with old Bryn , what he was like say the 1st   17-19 runs he norm catch quick, he had great strike on him so didnt burn out to quick . but say hitting round  30 mark, and started to slow bit, he wouldn't  push him self then, so i pack up with 30 rabbits , ok not alot what some lads get, but enough for me .Now my big dog Buck will push him  self alot harder than bryn ever done  he could hit 45 if he was fit ,  had 39  when not really fit , no mean feat  for a 90lb dog that .  if i wanted a  colliex , i get colliex grey x beddy x grey , or collie x grey x whippet x grey , old bryn was very fast for a 1x collie x grey deff, he 12 now, still  ok for his age,  i often wonder how long he go on for  , the old bangs and bumps coming through now , 10 years of lamping suppose .

• Like 1
8 hours ago, billhardy said:

Them saturated collie greys wo t catch cronies down here in the winter in numbers plus the man's a ferritin man looking fa a stud that his where I would go I would use a jukel that can catch e. Anywhere day and night Bryn just happens ta be a collie grey first generation. Atb bill

you been licking toads again bill, you start off saying he should have half base blood the dam will add enough pace...then its a F1...then collie saturated dogs won't catch round yours in winter ⛄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
39 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

you been licking toads again bill, you start off saying he should have half base blood the dam will add enough pace...then its a F1...then collie saturated dogs won't catch round yours in winter ⛄

You misunderstood me what I saying if yas wa t ta keep has much speed has possible use a fast collie grey simple all the collie attributes plus he gonna help retain the speed in the welps Bryn his ill aY it again or was a on par with. Whippet grey.       Fa speed   sharpness. Hence ya stacking yaodds in favour in that much desired eRly pace the lad wNts and needs at timeswhen ferritin fast ground a k ows what I on about spent forty yrs plus ferritin ta jukels  and tried the lot all sorts base ta whippet greys  fast base breds or the chance that some plodder or middle distance types are produced even very fast generation types grews can produce some not fast enough the nans looking fa a top quality runner on coneys stack the odds in ya favour rays said enough. On Bryn. Atb bill

1 minute ago, billhardy said:

You misunderstood me what I saying if yas wa t ta keep has much speed has possible use a fast collie grey simple all the collie attributes plus he gonna help retain the speed in the welps Bryn his ill aY it again or was a on par with. Whippet grey.       Fa speed   sharpness. Hence ya stacking yaodds in favour in that much desired eRly pace the lad wNts and needs at timeswhen ferritin fast ground a k ows what I on about spent forty yrs plus ferritin ta jukels  and tried the lot all sorts base ta whippet greys  fast base breds or the chance that some plodder or middle distance types are produced even very fast generation types grews can produce some not fast enough the nans looking fa a top quality runner on coneys stack the odds in ya favour rays said enough. On Bryn. Atb bill

Gilbey base blood his the ta me the herder terrier part of the combination the lurcher part of this mating needs als to have pace  some will follow the bitch some the dog and with luck some with abit of both choosing that welp at a free weeks old we'll ill say no more. Stack the odds in favour of retaining the speed to atb bill

11 hours ago, billhardy said:

Trev I got a feel for yas  back aways I went through  a good few in a de ade breaking them. Cruciares Road accidentet etc I believe a d say this one half of your next jukel needs ta be base bred. The grew will add plenty early pace ya have a chance then. Atb bill

here.

very much doubt the man needs help choosing his future dogs..

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Cheers bill , I’ve got a ten month old first cross at the min and I like what I’m seeing at the min for the kind of work that I do, atb.

8AC312F1-89EC-4694-AD21-A8AB75FD6CE5.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

I never understood why birds dog bryn was never used as a stud was a fine example for a first cross is dan a full collie john ?

same here mate, fook knows why ? there was few from off here seen old bryn  knock over 30 a night  , jim from darby, trigger, doga , few who dont use websites ,good  7  blokes  who dont really know each other. me self ive never really been keen on the collie temp, it was this put me off this type x, in the field  bryn would get good bag of rabbits for you, he was never a fox dog, he ad the odd munjack if bumped into one but thats it . my big dog Buck   would do the things bryn wouldn't   simple as that,(both) are very sensitive type dogs bit to much for me if i am honest dont like to see it in any type dog big or small . over the 12 years i had lot of interest  with people on here to use him, but only one bloke made the effort to try to use him, didnt get a matting as the bitch was maiden bitch , and playing up growing snapping etc , was enough to put bryn off, as say to fookin sensitive ,  and it was his 1st crack at it . think back then put him back to beddy x grey you had  crackin lurchers , but history now mate , these 2 lurchers prob be my last ones  , prob just get heinz 57  when bryn gone  , as i am old and  fooked now had 30 years at it .

• Like 5
3 hours ago, nothernlite said:

I never understood why birds dog bryn was never used as a stud was a fine example for a first cross is dan a full collie john ?

Why ask a silly question pal you’ve read and replied to my posts on here and my Collie Curs post on Moochers, you well know he’s a genuine well bred and fine example of a Collie Greyhound, Bill we will have to agree to disagree with your views on Collie Greyhounds. Regards Collie John.

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Why ask a silly question pal you’ve read and replied to my posts on here and my Collie Curs post on Moochers, you well know he’s a genuine well bred and fine example of a Collie Greyhound, Bill we will have to agree to disagree with your views on Collie Greyhounds. Regards Collie John.

Thanks for the reply ??

Edited by nothernlite
1 hour ago, bird said:

same here mate, fook knows why ? there was few from off here seen old bryn  knock over 30 a night  , jim from darby, trigger, doga , few who dont use websites ,good  7  blokes  who dont really know each other. me self ive never really been keen on the collie temp, it was this put me off this type x, in the field  bryn would get good bag of rabbits for you, he was never a fox dog, he ad the odd munjack if bumped into one but thats it . my big dog Buck   would do the things bryn wouldn't   simple as that,(both) are very sensitive type dogs bit to much for me if i am honest dont like to see it in any type dog big or small . over the 12 years i had lot of interest  with people on here to use him, but only one bloke made the effort to try to use him, didnt get a matting as the bitch was maiden bitch , and playing up growing snapping etc , was enough to put bryn off, as say to fookin sensitive ,  and it was his 1st crack at it . think back then put him back to beddy x grey you had  crackin lurchers , but history now mate , these 2 lurchers prob be my last ones  , prob just get heinz 57  when bryn gone  , as i am old and  fooked now had 30 years at it .

I’ll give you a honest opinion why your f1 collie x hasn’t been used bird Because your not a lying c**t! you’ve been honest as they come you’ve layed all cards on the table you’ve gave your honest opinion on his merits an disappointments in a fair truthful grading of your dog with no bull shit to big the dog up to pimp him out. It’s a shame really your dog as a lot to offer a Lurcher to Lurcher breeding especially to a bedlington x magic really happens when these 2crosses are combined a good all round traditional hunting dog that’s adaptable day&night it definitely irons out the niggly bits of both crosses to produce hardy survivable hunting dogs.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Because he worked it reasonable hard to test it and admits its minor imperfections rather than just extolling its virtues.

• Like 6