On 20/08/2019 at 20:38, longers01 said:

Great cars them foresters had a couple over the years before i got the pajero i had a 04 turbo forester with only 90k on the clock but dogs was killing it so got rid while it was still worth some decent money atb longers01 

them foresters are a good bus?

• Like 1

Discos are all I use these days but would not recommend them to anyone who doesn't do their own repairs or doesn't mind spending a few quid to get them repaired, the one I'm using now cost me 1250 the bill for fixing it would be well over that easy by now for repairs, I've had it around 18 month. 

• Like 1

Scrub the disco , have a look at the land cruisers ...you won’t need to know a mechanic because they don’t go wrong ..I’ve just driven one out to Spain for a pal , 2006 , land cruiser 3 litre, D4D lc4 ..leather , 101,000 m he gave £7k for it ..absolutely faultless .

• Like 2

If i was to get a discovery it would be a 300 tdi. These newer ones are plastic. I use to be able to take mine anywhere with no problems. Serviced well and a few tweeks and a bit of money spent on it i can be a beast (about the 3k mark) id say stay well away from newer ones imo

• Like 1
21 hours ago, sussex said:

Scrub the disco , have a look at the land cruisers ...you won’t need to know a mechanic because they don’t go wrong ..I’ve just driven one out to Spain for a pal , 2006 , land cruiser 3 litre, D4D lc4 ..leather , 101,000 m he gave £7k for it ..absolutely faultless .

The daddy of the 4x4 world. Bullet proof 

• Like 2
On 20/08/2019 at 20:20, twelsh said:

I’m running Forester at min for dogs good cars mate I’ve just took landrover discovery springs off rear put standards back on mate 

How come you swapped em back? 

Heard a few lads put them on and one lads shot through the back end lol. 

On 26/08/2019 at 20:21, sussex said:

Yeh been looking st them told they’re faultless. I like the hilux to has the old s reg was bombproof think am either Gunna go land cruiser or Hilux again. 

On 26/08/2019 at 18:08, joe ox said:

Discos are all I use these days but would not recommend them to anyone who doesn't do their own repairs or doesn't mind spending a few quid to get them repaired, the one I'm using now cost me 1250 the bill for fixing it would be well over that easy by now for repairs, I've had it around 18 month. 

Be no good for me then I’m pretty useless with maintenance on vehicles. Haha

3 hours ago, Wild-Bill said:

Yeh been looking st them told they’re faultless. I like the hilux to has the old s reg was bombproof think am either Gunna go land cruiser or Hilux again. 

There are a couple of really tidy one on flea bay , d4d lc4 , low mileage and spotlessly clean around the £7..£8k mark ..I also looked at the Land cruiser Amazon with the 4.2 straight six diesel ..they are a lot of money for the year , around the £10k mark for a 17 year old one but that’s because they are the best 4x4 ever built ..fuel economy on the 4.2 is better than the 3 litre model because the engine never working ..

On 27/08/2019 at 18:20, dogmad riley said:

How come you swapped em back? 

Heard a few lads put them on and one lads shot through the back end lol. 

The only advantage was if you have 3 lads in back 5 dogs it wouldn’t sag on arse end but disadvantage is go over speed hump at 15 mile hour it felt like you gone over 2ft Kerb edge  really bad and on one side motor rear the part that hold strut was coming away so had the repaired  rather go through a set shockers season than feel I was driving a boat mate 

• Thanks 1

Just had a 4 day road trip in my Land Cruiser Lc5 3 litre over Dartmoor and Exmoor and right down to Land’s End smooth as anything and went up some silly hills with ease I covered about a thousand miles I wouldn’t own anything else now and I have had experience of its rivals Discovery’s included. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If you own any Land Rover you need to know your way around with a set of spanners,always something with them and the newest models are just the same. I've got a Freelander 2 here from new and it's had all sorts done to it over the years. Once front drive is done at the house the next jeep will be something from Japan.