There's a fella who lives opposite me who has a garage workshop up his garden and he's a full time mechanic and he once told me he only has a land rover because he's a mechanic with ramps etc to fix it...

• Like 1

About 7 years ago I had a 2008 disco 3, 2.7 V6, it was a lovely thing to drive on and off road, the missus used to drive around in it like a footballers wife and every time she came back in it there was another light on the dash, luckily I’m a mechanic so was able to look after it myself, it was also horrendous on fuel and 400 quid a year to tax, the main problems with them are air suspension, hill decent and the different settings for what you are driving on, if any of these don’t work walk away from it, they also have engine management faults normally relating to the EGR, saying that I have got a soft spot for Land Rover’s and I’m going to have a look at a defender on Tuesday, just like a moth bumping a light bulb ? I never learn and keep going back to them ?

The biggest problem with them is they have an inner skin of steel and an outer skin of Allie so they look pucka until you put them on the ramps and as with all the land rovers after the 200 tdi engine they gradually got worse, more expensive and complicated and only repairable in a garage with all the gear, the 200 is a pretty bomb proof unit with the added bonus it will run fine on cooking oil or bio fuel ✌️

Nephew had 300tdi he had 2700 of welding done on boot floor inner wheel archers chassis took for mot while after they said nowt can be done as where they welded to has rotten as there is only so far they could go  I’d never have one I had pajero on a 1995 never had one bit of welding on it up until last mot which was caused by plastic trim around wheel arches where mud gathered apart from that it was good bus

• Like 1
2 hours ago, twelsh said:

Nephew had 300tdi he had 2700 of welding done on boot floor inner wheel archers chassis took for mot while after they said nowt can be done as where they welded to has rotten as there is only so far they could go  I’d never have one I had pajero on a 1995 never had one bit of welding on it up until last mot which was caused by plastic trim around wheel arches where mud gathered apart from that it was good bus

Yeh cheers for the replied won’t be getting one. I was always put off pajeros years ago as got told the parts where a nightmare to get hold of? Much truth in that? I’m running a forester at the minute but going back to a jeep / pick up as need something higher up. 

• Like 1

The pajero  is an import shogun  some insurance company’s are a bit funny with imports and some of the motors Are slightly different to uk spec ones but I would imaging there are hundreds here now so breakers should have plenty of spares for them and  you seem to be able to get pretty much anything sent over from China for peanuts in a week or two, 24/7 car spares is a really good website if you need stuff ??

5 hours ago, Wild-Bill said:

Yeh cheers for the replied won’t be getting one. I was always put off pajeros years ago as got told the parts where a nightmare to get hold of? Much truth in that? I’m running a forester at the minute but going back to a jeep / pick up as need something higher up. 

I’m running Forester at min for dogs good cars mate I’ve just took landrover discovery springs off rear put standards back on mate 

• Like 1

Great cars them foresters had a couple over the years before i got the pajero i had a 04 turbo forester with only 90k on the clock but dogs was killing it so got rid while it was still worth some decent money atb longers01 

• Like 1