COPPER DRAGGED TO DEATH

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The level of armed response should be increased 

im not sure of policy however I’d imagine the met will have some form of escalation bubble in effect 

eg for every weapon in public handling incident an armed response officer will surely not be too far behind 

but for every copper to be armed , is just ludicrous 

Why? It works here why would it not work in other parts of the uk? 

• Like 1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an ex squaddie and somebody that has patrolled countless cities across the world if I was still serving I would happily patrol the streets of Britain to help clean up the filth that’s infesting the

I like the gippos they,re up for a laugh....a pal of mines a big Millwall fan lives round the corner from the ground he,s gone on holiday and had a local little travelling mob to do him a driveway....

That’s a terrible idea I always think. We ain’t like the United States, we don’t have a culture where we are brought up around guns. If you watch how American police officers conduct themsel

Posted Images

Just now, dogmandont said:

Why? It works here why would it not work in other parts of the uk? 

Because the requirement to be armed is a very very dangerous thing 

to couple into another thread on here 

the insertion of a firearm being present escalates any situation 

I guarantee that within a month we would have instances of coppers having weapons taken from them in a brawl and used against them

firearms should never become the norm , they should be an escalation 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I guarantee that within a month we would have instances of coppers having weapons taken from them in a brawl and used against them

Yes and these feral individuals are armed and very dangerous, the only time they will give respect is when they're in fear themselves. 

You don't see many instances in America of cops having their guns taken off them and used against them. 

Edited by Jobi
12 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Still don’t get it, the police here were armed because of a terrorist threat which has decreased in the last 20 years whereas the threat on the mainland has gotten significantly higher in the last 20 years along with knife crimes and violence in general and still they aren’t armed. I guess it comes down to what your used to as people here have never known anything else. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You don’t also get many instances in America of the habitual violence you see every Saturday in any uk town 

You don't think being fearless of any consequences has anything to do with that? I doubt they'd be so carefree and violent when they know the police are armed with guns. 

Edited by Jobi
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Still don’t get it, the police here were armed because of a terrorist threat which has decreased in the last 20 years whereas the threat on the mainland has gotten significantly higher in the last 20 years along with knife crimes and violence in general and still they aren’t armed. I guess it comes down to what your used to as people here have never known anything else. 

Would you agree that the PSNI has changed a lot since the mid 90s ?

I see more a move towards the gender inclusive, mainland face of policing where as back in the 90s those coppers all seemed to be big old units that you didn’t f**k about with......they sort of looked capable of being armed if you get my drift.

Some of these f***ing nerds in the mainland UK these days shouldn’t be trusted with a pencil.

2 minutes ago, Jobi said:

You don't think being fearless of any consequences has anything to do with that? I doubt they'd be so carefree and violent when they know the police are armed with guns. 

Without being a know all , do you understand what you’d have to do to justify an armed intervention?

Fromvthe army  or the police ? 

Take my daughter, she could easily fit into the military because she has the right kind of mindset but she could never be a cozzer........she couldn’t stomach being around such people.

7 hours ago, king said:

I'm quite sure the amount of stabbings.

And random violence.

Is a result of the smacking ban which came into force in 2004 

I maybe wrong.

But I don't think the violence seen today was the same in say the late 90s 

You listen to the old men of today saying about the local Bobby giving you a good slap when they were kids.

It did seem to have an effect.

Your probably onto something there tbh mate. I watched a documentary about the London riots and one of the main findings was there was no discipline in the home and so the kids just ran wild and took this attitude into older age with them.Same as the kids at school now with no fear/respect of authority,school was a good laugh and we all got up to capers but nobody looked forward to the cane,especially in front of the whole class . 

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2
Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Without being a know all , do you understand what you’d have to do to justify an armed intervention?

Fromvthe army  or the police ? 

I'm sure it won't ever be implemented, like I said earlier the manchester bombing proved we haven't got the backbone to do anything at all. We've just got to accept stabbings and such are part and parcel of living in a city. 

• Like 1