AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING WHICH COULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

4 hours ago, Barrie said:

No offence intended...., but you're the one advocating we sit back, do nothing and let an Anti MP get away with doing whatever she chooses without offering any form of resistance. But nevertheless I won't insult you by suggesting you might be an anti and I don't think you are, otherwise I would say so.

As regards my credentials, I've been around and on here for more than a little while. There are plenty who do know me and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who I am, either on here or in real life (that includes the antis and I've a wonderful collection of hate mail just to prove it). 

My only reason for starting this thread was to ensure that what I considered might be "like minded individuals" were aware of what was afoot and that they had an opportunity to make their opposing views known. From there on in it's a matter of personal choice and I'll simply leave it at that.

Y.I.S. - Barrie

Bet you’ve been called plenty of things in your life Barrie but never an anti. Lol. First time for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And if that's your excuse for sitting back and doing nothing, while the antis take away the few remaining freedoms you have. Or if it helps in some way to salve your conscience, then that's your own p

Two Crows, I fully appreciate what you’re saying and that your not advocating that we do nothing either. Nor do I have any doubts about whether you’ve done your fair share in the past and I take my ha

went to all the marches, I have written to my mp, i have done partitions on line, and I still got banned, we stood with the hunts and got banned, yet they hunt on, if government want it gone its gone,

38 minutes ago, cantona said:

Is this the proposed bill for Scotland or England

The proposed Bill as it stands today only relates to Scotland, but we have all seen the results of the "domino effect" where a new piece of legislation in one part of the U.K. is presented as "an improvement in animal welfare" and then promoted elsewhere.

With regards to responses. The Scottish Parliament very recently engaged in another public consultation regarding their very own and long awaited Bonomy Review. Their proposal was (and to the best of my knowledge still is), to extend the current Hunting Act in Scotland way beyond Bonomy's recommendations and contrary to the report's actual recommendations, impose a  limit of TWO hounds when flushing foxes to guns as per in England and Wales (see what I mean about the domino effect). In actual fact Bonomy was very specific and spoke out quite strongly against such a move.

Their justification for over ruling and ignoring Bonomy was that it was "due to overwhelming public demand". What they didn't say was that much of that demand (in fact a significant majority) was from outside of Scotland, it was from elsewhere in the U.K. and even beyond. It's a mistake not to be repeated and as the old saying goes "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

I hope that's of some help - Barrie

• Like 2
On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 22:04, dogmandont said:

Bet you’ve been called plenty of things in your life Barrie but never an anti. Lol. First time for everything. 

Very much so ?

In fact last time I checked, top of the opinion polls was that I was "A Sick B*****d" (the antis), followed very closely by "A Lazy Git" (her indoors) ?

Edited by Barrie
  • Haha 3

Here’s my umbrage

I’m firmly of the opinion that the likes of the countryside alliance are embarrassed of the likes of me and those gents I’ve stepped into a field with.

We are required whenever there’s a march or a bill 

however the rest of the time they can go without me and my mates jumping a gate with a big saluki greyhound or clipping together a pair of patterdales in a 4 x 4 boot. 

Quite frankly , If it had meant that foxhunting in packs could continue ad finitim , those with longdog and terrier would have been sold down the river without as much as a “bon voyage”

ergo , you can keep your petition / survey et al and Im certain most of us will take our chances as it is . 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Here’s my umbrage

I’m firmly of the opinion that the likes of the countryside alliance are embarrassed of the likes of me and those gents I’ve stepped into a field with.

We are required whenever there’s a march or a bill 

however the rest of the time they can go without me and my mates jumping a gate with a big saluki greyhound or clipping together a pair of patterdales in a 4 x 4 boot. 

Quite frankly , If it had meant that foxhunting in packs could continue ad finitim , those with longdog and terrier would have been sold down the river without as much as a “bon voyage”

ergo , you can keep your petition / survey et al and Im certain most of us will take our chances as it is . 

If lurcher work and terrier was exempt but hunting wi hounds were banned would you run about on behalf o the mounted packs 

14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

If lurcher work and terrier was exempt but hunting wi hounds were banned would you run about on behalf o the mounted packs 

Kick Boris into the long grass, and take over bean stained chin and all

The frock will add to your validity, and public standing

Might even get the brindles out mousing again

And have you got a loam ?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Kick Boris into the long grass, and take over bean stained chin and all

The frock will add to your validity, and public standing

Might even get the brindles out mousing again

And have you got a loam ?

I got out the politics game years ago 2 many waste men 

The dwarf french beans are loving the loam btw

You can all do you want but we still need to show there is still plenty of us willing to put ourselves out to carry on supporting what we believe in that’s why we need to stick together & support any attempt we can to let the powers above know we won’t just sit back & we are still here, wildman I can tell you & plenty others Barrie no anti he may come across to some he’s a bit of a country gent but he’s got a history of running around with a few wild men back in the day & his intentions are all good,atb Flacko 

• Like 3
On 17/08/2019 at 19:04, two crows said:

carry a shotgun or two ring 101 and pest control flushing to the gun and retrieving all within the hunting act mistakes may happen, but hay ho.

That's the whole point, no ratting, no excuse, nothing but memories

• Like 1

What we have on the table is a Bill which clearly states that amongst other things it proposes to….

1. Protect foxes and hares in law.

2. End the hunting of all wild mammals with dogs.

3. Remove all the current exceptions to the offence of hunting wild mammals with dogs.

4. Make it an offence to “search for, stalk, flush, chase, pursue or course” a wild mammal with a dog.

5. Make the landowner who gives permission for hunting on his/her land vicariously liable for any offences committed (so that’s any permission you had gone).

6. Reverse the burden of proof and put the onus on the defendent to show that their actions fell within an exception to the ban (and they’ve already stated their intention to remove all the current exceptions). So unlike murderers, rapists, paedophiles, grooming gangs, drug dealers, terrorists and other pillars of society who are all presumed to be “innocent until proven guilty”,  the reverse will apply to us and we’ll be presumed to be guilty from the very outset and face the onerous task of attempting to prove that we’re not.

7. Increase the maximum penalty for hunting a wild mammal with a dog to a £40,000 fine or 5 years imprisonment.

8. Increase the time limit for bringing prosecutions

The Government have asked for your views on these proposals and make no mistake it’s not going to go away. Yet there are “dog men” advocating that we say and do nothing, that’s regardless of the fact that every anti in the country will be writing in supporting these proposals and saying they don’t go far enough.

If you think you're f****d now, then you ain't seen nothing yet. You'd best start taking some relaxation classes, cos you're on the verge of being "spit roasted" as well !!!

I think I’m going back to bed, I feel a "no sex" headache coming on LOL   ? ??

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

As it stand (as far as I know) in UK Law there's only two things where the onus of proof is put on to the defendant, tax evasion and badger digging !

The state has very deep pockets, they've all but done away with legal aid, you're onto a looser before you start. If this consultation gives us at least a chance of saving what little freedoms we have then surely it's worth the five minutes to do it.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Black neck said:

They didn’t want us at the party in the first place 

and , no I wouldn’t as to be honest the packs take the piss while it’s lads with terriers and lurchers picking up the conviction rates 

3 hours ago, dillydog said:

That's the whole point, no ratting, no excuse, nothing but memories

not under the act as it stands, if every thing gets protection  in law like badgers, then that's that, but if they want that no amount of protests will stop them like all the other stuff never stop blair. they order an enquiry at vast cost and then ignore it if it is not what they want. I will just add to this by saying I am not advocating doing nothing, merely stating how important the powers that be think we are.

Edited by two crows
  • Thanks 1