• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to see a hard man look to one that's caring for his seriously ill child /wife /or parent then you will see a genuine hard man a bar room brawler  are ten a penny and are often mentally wea

I've thought about this topic a lot while I've been in the mountains. I'll give the hardest title (for me) to my mum. She was born in 1950, she was born dead and survived with cerebral palsy. She

What's the lead singer of the Flying Pickets doing with his head hanging off. ?

Posted Images

A Few hard c**ts have thrown a ball around along the m62 over the years 

paul Scunthorpe has to be up there with the toughest sportsmen ever to have came from the uk imho 

there was a mention earlier about tt riders, I’ve mentioned before on here about my best mates cousin being one of the uks top riders for a while. 

Not so long ago he had to be physically zipped into his gear and carried onto his bike prior to racing in a moto gp, he was black and blue from coming off in practice . Simply put if he hadn’t ridden , he wasn’t getting paid . 

Sometimes in sport you need to make sacrifices to your body. 

Anyone who can do that to put a wage  in the bank or for the public’s entertainment, quite frankly has my admiration 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Why aren't you keen on Padilla Dido??

Genuine question mate.. I don't know a deal about him to be honest..?

I can't get to Spain often so I guess I just meant I wouldn't travel all that way just to see him. I personally have never seen him do anything that has left a lasting impression on me. Yes he makes headlines with his injuries and gung ho eat the bull alive appearances now and again but for me that's all. 

Fair play to him you do have to appreciate what he has done

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Ive been reading a bit and watching a lot of David Goggins recently. Hes has a rock hard mental toughness and is a great speaker . Hes also as fit as they come

Indeed he does! Personally I'm not a fan of people like him who I would term 'extremists'. There's more to life than insatiable fortitude imo. It's like fortitude is his goal, not a tool he uses to get to a goal. He just wants to punish himself for no other reason than to test his grit! I can't get my head around that. LOL

I find his 'story' most impressive. How he went from being a piece of shit to being one of the grittyist c**ts I've ever heard of. That mental change.

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Indeed he does! Personally I'm not a fan of people like him who I would term 'extremists'. There's more to life than insatiable fortitude imo. It's like fortitude is his goal, not a tool he uses to get to a goal. He just wants to punish himself for no other reason than to test his grit! I can't get my head around that. LOL

I find his 'story' most impressive. How he went from being a piece of shit to being one of the grittyist c**ts I've ever heard of. That mental change.

He is unreal in his pumishment of himself . Its not a mindset i would want but theirs plenty in what he says and does that can be used by everybody. I think a lot of what he is is born in the military and could only have come from the military.  I admire his mental growth and determination to understand and change his mindset . I wouldnt want fo be him tho . 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Ive been reading a bit and watching a lot of David Goggins recently. Hes has a rock hard mental toughness and is a great speaker . Hes also as fit as they come

Interesting that mate..? I'd never heard of him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goggins

I'm going away tomorrow and would have picked his book up give a bit more time. Got the one by Ant Middleton.. not sure what to expect but I'll give it try.

I've thought about this topic a lot while I've been in the mountains. I'll give the hardest title (for me) to my mum.

She was born in 1950, she was born dead and survived with cerebral palsy. She spent most of her young years in calipers, the government sent her to a 'special school' because they believe it was best for her. She managed being thought of as stupid (thats how it was in them days) all her life and excelled in her education as a point. She left and started to work. A few years later she married my dad and became a housewife and had me. Back then the government again wanted to interfere and take me away from her but she and my grandma (who learnt the hard way) fought and managed to beat social services. She had my brothers later on, lost a child to miscarriage and my brother at 14. She has spent her entire life falling over (she has the scars to prove it) smashing herself up and picking herself up every single time with a smile and a thank you, usually followed by "I'm alright, it's nowt" lol a woman I can say made me the man I am.

Love you mum,  you're the hardest person I know ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Fair play mush for writing that my mum had her issues and is a strong woman  fought and beat all  her demons bar cancer raised ten kids and never moaned but like my old man said you have one true friend in this world that's your mum  

2 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Interesting that mate..? I'd never heard of him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goggins

I'm going away tomorrow and would have picked his book up give a bit more time. Got the one by Ant Middleton.. not sure what to expect but I'll give it try.

Hes been on the Joe rogan podcast a few times , definitely worth a watch on youtube . Heres another story from a billionaire who had goggins live with and train him for a month solid 

12 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Fair play mush for writing that my mum had her issues and is a strong woman  fought and beat all  her demons bar cancer raised ten kids and never moaned but like my old man said you have one true friend in this world that's your mum  

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Aye she had her lot and what I wrote is not even the half of it but, I think these are the people who just crack on and don't gripe, I'm guessing like your mam too mate and make us who we are ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
Just now, Blackmag said:

Sounds like a strong  good woman who pushed you to become who you are fair play to her I have yet to see anything stronger than a mothers love 

Nah she twatted the shit out of me because I was a cnut ???

The pushing came when I was 16 and had to start paying board lol I left home at that moment and went solo ?‍♂️

Jokes aside;

Now I've matured, and woke up. I see these are the hardest people. They put up with whatever is thrown at them, soak it up and get on. I've learnt a lot from them (ok I learnt it late ?). that to me is the brit grit and we are losing it.

• Like 1