4 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I thought it was only about the Lenny mcclean, roy shaw type thread, although I could be mistaken?

As an aside, I only recently found out the Lenny McClean was Frank Warren's uncle.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to see a hard man look to one that's caring for his seriously ill child /wife /or parent then you will see a genuine hard man a bar room brawler  are ten a penny and are often mentally wea

I've thought about this topic a lot while I've been in the mountains. I'll give the hardest title (for me) to my mum. She was born in 1950, she was born dead and survived with cerebral palsy. She

What's the lead singer of the Flying Pickets doing with his head hanging off. ?

Posted Images

I don’t know about anyone else, but I always find discussion like this can easily move into the realms of “cringeworthy”

The world is awash  with hard men (and women) for one reason or another.....not one thing defines them.

If we are talking just about street fighting, then if a bloke is twice your size and mean as a scrapyard dog, take a lump of wood to the c**t until he will never be the same man again........no hardness required, just the mindset to do it.

Dont expect a pat on the back or a medal or the adoration of your peers because you probably won’t be regarded as “hard” but you will be regarded as a dangerous horrible b*****d.....and in many cases that’s enough.........that’s if you care about that stuff.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I think fear is a big deal with stuff like this . 

The ability to contain or overcome your fears ...

not sporting or hardness related but has anyone seen that documentary on the lad who free climbed El Capitan ? 

Imagine his mental toughness , his sheer belief , one sweaty palm, one crAmped finger , one slipped toe hold = death 

fuvking nails 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I always find discussion like this can easily move into the realms of “cringeworthy”

The world is awash  with hard men (and women) for one reason or another.....not one thing defines them.

If we are talking just about street fighting, then if a bloke is twice your size and mean as a scrapyard dog, take a lump of wood to the c**t until he will never be the same man again........no hardness required, just the mindset to do it.

Dont expect a pat on the back or a medal or the adoration of your peers because you probably won’t be regarded as “hard” but you will be regarded as a dangerous horrible b*****d.....and in many cases that’s enough.........that’s if you care about that stuff.

I know a bloke, havint seen him in years, he's a few years younger than me, he used to follow me an my mate around the estates as kids, he never spoke a word or got into any trouble, then in his late teens started robbing cars etc, then got into a bit of bother with some gang he was well out of his league they used to mill him evertime he left his house he couldn't go anywhere, then one day he just said fcuk that and took a few of them out, shot them outside their gardens, from what the papers and the dogs say on the streets he's done about ten cuts maybe more an I doubt he's finished yet

2 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I know a bloke, havint seen him in years, he's a few years younger than me, he used to follow me an my mate around the estates as kids, he never spoke a word or got into any trouble, then in his late teens started robbing cars etc, then got into a bit of bother with some gang he was well out of his league they used to mill him evertime he left his house he couldn't go anywhere, then one day he just said fcuk that and took a few of them out, shot them outside their gardens, from what the papers and the dogs say on the streets he's done about ten cuts maybe more an I doubt he's finished yet

Rambo? 

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I think fear is a big deal with stuff like this . 

The ability to contain or overcome your fears ...

not sporting or hardness related but has anyone seen that documentary on the lad who free climbed El Capitan ? 

Imagine his mental toughness , his sheer belief , one sweaty palm, one crAmped finger , one slipped toe hold = death 

fuvking nails 

That c**t ain't wired right! He's been tested.

10 hours ago, WILF said:

I always think conversations of this nature go in the direction of what society deems " hard ".....and its a pretty sad truth that most people see it as something to do with fighting.

The 2 examples i gave of the " hardest " people i know have absolutely nothing to do with fighting.....fighting comes perfectly natural to some people so whats hard about it.

It just seems a sad symbol of society when regular people discuss a subject like this and it always ends up in fighting talk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I always think conversations of this nature go in the direction of what society deems " hard ".....and its a pretty sad truth that most people see it as something to do with fighting.

The 2 examples i gave of the " hardest " people i know have absolutely nothing to do with fighting.....fighting comes perfectly natural to some people so whats hard about it.

It just seems a sad symbol of society when regular people discuss a subject like this and it always ends up in fighting talk.

I agree mate, and maybe I’m mistaken, but I always assume that when someone brings the subject up that’s what they mean.

And that’s how I read the original post to be honest.

I liked the example you gave a few posts back and I thinks it’s spot on.

My post was really directed at anyone who is talking about fighting, and I just meant that some people have a mentality to do what others wouldn’t but I don’t personally think that’s the same thing as toughness, hard, courage or whatever name we all give it.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, socks said:

I remember years back having a splinter in my thumb and I used my own teeth to pull it out ... now that’s fukcing hard ........

Bollocks......I heard that you screamed for morphine and demanded to be put on a chopper and evacuated to hospital? Lol 

21 minutes ago, WILF said:

Bollocks......I heard that you screamed for morphine and demanded to be put on a chopper and evacuated to hospital? Lol 

No that was for a very deep paper cut ? ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1