Where did they go.

Went to farm today for a look and there were just a couple of corvids on the field.There are always a few about so I thought I would give it a go and set up beneath a tree and see what happened.Got the decoys set out and they were really moving about in the wind.They did not want to come anywhere near today and I shot 3 and only picked two.Did not stay long and on the way home i passed a field with a few corvids on that I can shoot on so will have a look another day.

IMG_20190815_143042.jpg

IMG_20190815_111439.jpg

• Like 4

Waste of time if you dont set up under a flight line some days they wont pull 20 yards from it . But if the weathers nice i find its just nice to be sitting watching all the traffic of folk going to there work while im sitting relaxing 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, archiekale said:

that's a honest post stoggy  cant shoot big numbers all the time  but pest control is pest control keep at them

I keep chipping away at them it keeps the farmer happy.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, The one said:

Waste of time if you dont set up under a flight line some days they wont pull 20 yards from it . But if the weathers nice i find its just nice to be sitting watching all the traffic of folk going to there work while im sitting relaxing 

It was only the strong wind today that kept them away.If it had been blowing NE instead of NW I would have had a few more coming nearer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2019 at 16:01, big napper said:

lot better than not going out at all mate  nice one

Yep 100% agree every time. Even if you don't fire a shot, no better way to spend a few hours

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/08/2019 at 21:31, The one said:

Rubbish 

no body goes out just to watch birds , they go out to carry out pest control , or may be I’ll just take the camera next time and leave the dog at home 

21 hours ago, David.evans said:

Rubbish 

no body goes out just to watch birds , they go out to carry out pest control , or may be I’ll just take the camera next time and leave the dog at home 

Rubbish where i go i can overlook the Forth Road Bridges in the distance and i enjoy seeing all the queuing traffic , and i sitting chilling waiting on pigeons , i dont need to be out killling making numbers just being out on a good day and the farmers seeing me out and about does it for me , a few or loads as long as im out it  doesnt matter too me 

• Like 1