Pup

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got out for a little wonder tonight with the pup bit of one to one an all that dirty little c**t rolled in fox ? shit she thought it was great ?

Pup coming on lovely 

Still growing like a weed just over 15tts and 8kg in weight smashing the raw 3times a day 

Posted Images

they got deerhound in as well aint it,  maybe 23 -24in,  but the beddy drop it down a bit, carnt beat lurcher x lurcher as good day/night dog, but its always gamble what they throw regards height / build,  my 1xs  both  are more of uniform  size in there litters .

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

big old feet for a pup?she could go 24 at a push,maybe more imo?

I don’t know dan I’m undersided some times I look an think she could be a reasonable size bitch then other times I think maybe she’ll be around the 22 mark like most bedlington crosses one of the dogs in the litter is a whopper 15tts an massive paws but I try An look back at photos I’ve got got of my old dogs as pups an try an compare lol this size malarkey amongst us running dog lads hey we all want to have a guess not that it’ll make no difference to end product they either have it or they don’t. I can’t wait to see final size build coat I’m hoping this bitch has some weight behind her I purposely chosen the most compact looking pup out the litter I wanted strong over racey for what I have planned for future 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bird said:

they got deerhound in as well aint it,  maybe 23 -24in,  but the beddy drop it down a bit, carnt beat lurcher x lurcher as good day/night dog, but its always gamble what they throw regards height / build,  my 1xs  both  are more of uniform  size in there litters .

Yeah there’s deerhound on both sides of the breeding the sire to these as a little more deerhound and bedlington in there than the dam 

Likely similar to parents but there are no definites with cross breds and the more mixed the ancestry the more variable the potential results. 

Weight is a good measure and compare with whippet growth charts. 

Has plenty of bone to grow in to by the looks of wrists. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
Just now, poxon said:

You could be right fella you never know 

Lol it's hard predicting these things, especially with smaller types on both sides of breeding. 

My old bitch, a fraction under 29", sire 25" 1st x collie/grey, dam 26.5" 1st x deer/grey. Bitch was 16" when I picked her up at 10 weeks and 2 days.

I'll say 25" ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, two crows said:

nice solid pup if she does 23/24 she will be a nice strong bitch and do anything you want atb

I’m hoping about 23that’ll do me lovely two crows ??24 just as good I wouldn’t want anything over 25 again or under 21 again for round here medium size dogs are just the ticket 

44 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol it's hard predicting these things, especially with smaller types on both sides of breeding. 

My old bitch, a fraction under 29", sire 25" 1st x collie/grey, dam 26.5" 1st x deer/grey. Bitch was 16" when I picked her up at 10 weeks and 2 days.

I'll say 25" ?

Very hard shark but it’s one of them things we like to try An guess the outcome not that it would make any difference as the bitch has a home for life big or small what she potentially end up she’s grown 1/2 inch in under a week so she’s growing like a weed 

• Like 1
Just now, gaza said:

You guys think 23/24 is bg enough for most things?

I know it’s big enough for most things if the dog has Hart for the job my mate used to use a 21-22tts bitch on roe regularly as clock work an family member used to use little beddy whippets as fox dogs they were only 19 &20 both single handed regulars at doing them this was yrs ago i know a few dogs from 22-24 retrieve shot fox an tracking shot roe I know another under 25 bitch tracking shot fallow single handed size is just numbers of Hart is there there do the job

• Like 1