Out with the long one

So longshanx took me to one of his spots last night for a bit of bunny bashing, a walk around the farm to start with, a few about but with the wheat and the beans still up they soon vanished into the crop, so after a couple we headed down to a cut rape field with a cow field to the left, again just a couple along the edge of the cut but when we got to the cow field “JESUS “ the place was covered in them, now this field os sat at the back of a holiday park so with the rimfires we are a bit limited as to where we can shoot, so trekking around so we could shoot down towards the rape field we managed about 8 before we called it a night, this place would be a air gunners dream, short distances, not having to worry as much about the back stops as you could sit up using the silent approach  and rabbits as far as the eye can see, hopefully we’ll have another go next week, I took a few for fox bait that are now stinking my car out so I’ll be dropping them off on the way home ?

5DD105C8-5B38-4A11-928C-429DFD514A22.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Nice bit of sport, well done. As you were in the church yard permission with regard to location and backstops etc. I think you need fac air fellas? Good result though?

We were discussing that on the way home last night, trying to work out if we could justify spending more than the price of my .243 on a windy gun, I know they are a fine piece of engineering but bloody hell they are expensive 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

We were discussing that on the way home last night, trying to work out if we could justify spending more than the price of my .243 on a windy gun, I know they are a fine piece of engineering but bloody hell they are expensive 

Just get a hw99 under the limit.

No need for a fancy blow up dolly.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 3

Definitely get back up next week.? Should have my freezer by then so what evers not for the pot I'll keep for bait. I've took a fair few from that cow field but now all the young ones have grown in numbers. Made it easier for Stav and me as the newbies weren't lamp shy??

18 hours ago, David.evans said:

Tut tut tut 

pickin on the babies again , I knew you northern lads were just a bunch of bullies.lol ??

atb lads 

?Needs must Dave? pure pest control. Only time we'll really get a go at them before the grass starts growing again, ready for the cows going back in. For a small field it is literally jumping (pardon the pun). All the scrappers have grown so some good rabbits for the freezer. Or fox bait. The farmer owns the lodges so as soon as they are empty we'll be back there are clearing the place out. There must be 30 - 40 I've seen in and around the lodges, that's not including the ones in the cow field. Hes certainly got a big problem at the moment around there. Never got on the cow field last year due to the grass being to long. Stav & I were talking last night about it and we're looking to get a large bag one night, hopefully  30+. This is were the NV will come in handy as some of those hoppers don't like being lit up. ?

Edited by Longshanx