6.5 creedmoor ruger precision

I have just field tested one in 243 for the gunshop owner i know. Viking arms the importer have had a lot of returns due to a misalignment of the barrel to action plus a few other problems. The one i tested apparently wouldn't group. I gave the barrel a thorough clean before i took it out. The first group of eight shots looked like i had used a shot gun. I let the barrel cool then shot another eight shot group which had tightened up significantly. I repeated the process and the next group was three quarters of an inch at one hundred and twenty yards. I also tried half a dozen of my homeloads  fifty five grain hollow points which it seemed to like better. Overall i thought the rifle had the makings of a very accurate rifle with a little tinkering. It was a heavy old beast and you wouldn't want to carry it far but ideal shooting from a vehicle or such. Although i am a Tikka fan i quite liked this Ruger and would liked to have tried it more extensively with n/v fitted used for foxing.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ianm said:

I have just field tested one in 243 for the gunshop owner i know. Viking arms the importer have had a lot of returns due to a misalignment of the barrel to action plus a few other problems. The one i tested apparently wouldn't group. I gave the barrel a thorough clean before i took it out. The first group of eight shots looked like i had used a shot gun. I let the barrel cool then shot another eight shot group which had tightened up significantly. I repeated the process and the next group was three quarters of an inch at one hundred and twenty yards. I also tried half a dozen of my homeloads  fifty five grain hollow points which it seemed to like better. Overall i thought the rifle had the makings of a very accurate rifle with a little tinkering. It was a heavy old beast and you wouldn't want to carry it far but ideal shooting from a vehicle or such. Although i am a Tikka fan i quite liked this Ruger and would liked to have tried it more extensively with n/v fitted used for foxing.

Hello mate, thanks for your time.  Misalignment That's unforgiving, is that from new ? I did some research and found the latest gen in 6.5 creedmore was as I read it was ruger  precision enhanced they claimed to have cleaned up most issues found in the  earlier rifles in 6.5. But I'm unsure. If you do venture out for some foxing I'd be happy for any feed back ?