The town the gypsies took over

Make laugh they do, tradition my arse..............I bet 95% of them live in houses.........all the travellers I know around here live in houses, use trailers in the summer now and again, fecking laughable lol

• Like 3

I have seen Kids dragged off for Skate Boarding in Tesco Car Park never mind driving Hoss % Carts through the Town Centre ? there is plenty of land there why don't they take it out in the Fields , that Boke who bought a Frock for his Kid  costing £60  could have got that in Leicester Market for thirty Bob.  I did not think the price of the Horse that the Fellah sols was right  because where I live in Leicestershire there is a Traveling man called Tacker  he had 90 ponies on the land next to my house and told me they were worth nothing  and said he could not even  sell them for Meat as the Market had collapsed .

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Re-enforced my stance as to why i'll never attend.  Just bullshitting cruel cnuts showing off...

Absolutely, load of half wits making a show of themselves !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, delswal said:

Make laugh they do, tradition my arse..............I bet 95% of them live in houses.........all the travellers I know around here live in houses, use trailers in the summer now and again, fecking laughable lol

I known that Traveller John for 25 years, I'm more of a gypsy than him. Hes never seen a caravan nevermind living in one. Laughable ?‍♂️?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Re-enforced my stance as to why i'll never attend.  Just bullshitting cruel cnuts showing off...

It's a shame that only the dopes seem willing to go in front of the camera ,I used to go every year and there are some real interesting ,fascinating  characters there ,decent people who cringe at a lot of what goes on around them .

• Like 7

Is most of it really any worse than other well attended festivals? Would be a travesty if this was stopped after hundreds of years.

Had to laugh however, hearing them complain about their traditions not being respected by the police.., when they give zero fcuks to the lives of the local people who can’t get moving for them all week. And from what I could see they get away with murder. Wonder what the coppers would do if I let my kids drive a horse and cart at high speed up a busy street.

As been said I think the film focuses on the idiots. And typical of most of these kinds of conflicts a wee bit of give and take would go a long way. But maybe Appleby, like most of society now, is full of selfish wank3rs who cry victim the minute anyone challenges them on their behaviour.

• Like 1

You want to see Penrith on the Friday night lads.... 

they tend not to come to Carlisle as it’s a bit of a drag 

If you think that they are sitting in the cushion booZing all weekend your mistaken 

ive been to the fair a few times mostly when younger 

I wouldn’t go now as there’s far too much coke and ego knocking around 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

It gladdens my heart to see all those honest, hard working folk enjoying a quiet few days away in a tranquil little country town.

:whistling:

Finally. Someone who understands. They are just misunderstood victims of prejudice. 

• Haha 1