Night vision??

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

You sound like my dad S/D ,when we wanted walkie talkies as kids we got 2 plastic cups and a piece of string and binoculars were 2 toilet roll tubes held together with 2 of mums hairgrips ahh the good old days ,TB ,Ricketts n Gout :laugh:

I might be ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a weird and wonderful world sd.... apparently when we leave the eu arseholes are going onto the GL so the tossers need to watch out  

£20.00 ?

I,ve never been on a marsh at 45 degrees before Si, and after 6 hours following a Welsh hill farmer round know the true meaning of tired and then some .Tussock grass,Mires ,unused tree holes ,gulleys

Posted Images

By gum lads, every time I look at and enquire about these things it puts me off!

I only used my un stealthy torch and a curvey 22lr the other night, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I guess your fox's must be something special around your ways. I'd hate to have to spend that much cash just to sort a varmint out. I will see how long I can keep a torch working but I dred the day my local fox's get as smart as elsewhere.

Good luck to you you must have a tough time of it ?

6 hours ago, ianm said:

I don't know what dedicated gen 2+ or gen 3 you have tried but what i do know is that the archer is the poorest of all. 

That is due to the old EEV  tubes Starlight use in them. 

I have access to an Archer that has been retrofitted with a genuine mx101 american gen3 tube and it is still not as good as a pvs 14. Which in turn is not as good as a Cobra Centaur fitted with a gen 2+ photonis tube.

If you own an archer that outperforms a dedicated gen 3 scope then keep it as it is the only one in the world.

None of which has anything to do with my original statement. Are you trying to tell me that ANY night vision (Except thermal of course, and the latest night vision models are using a mixture of IR AND thermal.)can see in complete darkness?

And I don't have access to an Archer, I own one and have been shooting with it for years and I don't know or care where it comes on the NV tree but I do know you couldn't part me from it with wild horses.

3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

By gum lads, every time I look at and enquire about these things it puts me off!

I only used my un stealthy torch and a curvey 22lr the other night, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I guess your fox's must be something special around your ways. I'd hate to have to spend that much cash just to sort a varmint out. I will see how long I can keep a torch working but I dred the day my local fox's get as smart as elsewhere.

When i got this perm i was warned due to previous attempts at fox control they were lamp shy and boy the first time i lit one up it went like a scolded cat .And even the photons i.,r got them scuttling so its thermal spotter to as close as ,holding it over the scope with pard 007  then on shoot ,done .When your surrounded by lotsa perms your not always the 1 doing the "educating " so have to make do .

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I will absolutely guarantee you will not shoot a fox with a lamp up here after the daft cubs have been shot.

6 hours ago, toxo said:

None of which has anything to do with my original statement. Are you trying to tell me that ANY night vision (Except thermal of course, and the latest night vision models are using a mixture of IR AND thermal.)can see in complete darkness?

And I don't have access to an Archer, I own one and have been shooting with it for years and I don't know or care where it comes on the NV tree but I do know you couldn't part me from it with wild horses.

Where have i said n/v can see in complete darkness?

What i am saying is proper gen 2+ and gen 3 DEDICATED do not need i/r to see a long way because they are very efficient at  intensifying available light, ie starlight and moonlight. People use a little i/r at times to get eyeshine.

Although i have a gen 2 tubed scope i wouldn't even consider using it these days, imho tubed gear has had it's day. It cannot be used in daylight or even twilight unlike the very best of the digital scopes which are far more versatile or even thermal scopes.

5 hours ago, ianm said:

Where have i said n/v can see in complete darkness?

What i am saying is proper gen 2+ and gen 3 DEDICATED do not need i/r to see a long way because they are very efficient at  intensifying available light, ie starlight and moonlight. People use a little i/r at times to get eyeshine.

Although i have a gen 2 tubed scope i wouldn't even consider using it these days, imho tubed gear has had it's day. It cannot be used in daylight or even twilight unlike the very best of the digital scopes which are far more versatile or even thermal scopes.

Sigh!

You do like blowing smoke don't you! Show me a NV that doesn't incorporate an IR source of some kind. Toxo out.

• Like 1
On 13/08/2019 at 21:13, ianm said:

You don't need i/r with proper dedicated gen3 or gen 2+.

On 23/08/2019 at 16:11, toxo said:

Sorry, that’s not right. My Archer can see way after others have to put lights on. But it will only enhance whatever light is there. When there’s no light you’ll see sod all unless you provide it 

11 hours ago, toxo said:

Sigh!

You do like blowing smoke don't you! Show me a NV that doesn't incorporate an IR source of some kind. Toxo out.

There are plenty of n/v devices supplied without i/r if you care to look.

I don't know how to explain it to you any differently so that you understand. 

You are saying the same thing as i am  that gen 3 doesn't need i/r because it  intensifies any available light .

Your Archer is gen 3 and you have already stated it works when others need i/r although you haven't said what you have compared it to.

Either way i can't be bothered anymore.