Night vision??

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

How did you get a hold of them to start with, then get them to pee on you, thats some talent you have there pal ?

Getting things to pee on me ( usually from a great height) is quite easy, it's like some kind of gift I have. In fact, there is often a queue of candidates.

• Haha 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a weird and wonderful world sd.... apparently when we leave the eu arseholes are going onto the GL so the tossers need to watch out  

£20.00 ?

I,ve never been on a marsh at 45 degrees before Si, and after 6 hours following a Welsh hill farmer round know the true meaning of tired and then some .Tussock grass,Mires ,unused tree holes ,gulleys

Posted Images

19 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

I have noticed that no one has thought about the fact that foxes can see in the dark whether you are using a torch or not 

Not only see in the dark but their eyesight is six times better than ours.

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Getting things to pee on me ( usually from a great height) is quite easy, it's like some kind of gift I have. In fact, there is often a queue of candidates.

It’s a weird and wonderful world sd....

apparently when we leave the eu arseholes are going onto the GL so the tossers need to watch out :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, ianm said:

Not only see in the dark but their eyesight is six times better than ours.

I would think that a lot of the time and especially when you are shooting from a vehicle they know you are there , but they feel comfortable in darkness and think , wrongly now that we can’t see them .  For the real tricky customers on foot on a blowy night or sitting out and waiting for them to turn up is the best way to deal with them , they won’t know you are there if you’re careful. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I would think that a lot of the time and especially when you are shooting from a vehicle they know you are there , but they feel comfortable in darkness and think , wrongly now that we can’t see them .  For the real tricky customers on foot on a blowy night or sitting out and waiting for them to turn up is the best way to deal with them , they won’t know you are there if you’re careful. 

99% of the foxes i shoot are from a truck. When i used to lie in wait for them over bait and on foot i used to put a pigeon shooting net up in front of me. It is movement they see irrespective of whether you are on foot or vehicle based. If you are downwind of them and still you will get your chance.  

• Like 3

From the sound of it S/D needs to be down wind of all of us :bad:,joking aside though Saturday on a friends perm in Snowdonia we stalked in on a sleeping fox about 15 yds below us .And as he was "off menu" watched as he calmly got up and sauntered off ,not a care in the world.

Lucky fox as we didnt want to scare off the 3 goats we were tracking ,as it was the so n so,s stayed on the neighbours land so no goat curry for tea today :censored:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

From the sound of it S/D needs to be down wind of all of us :bad:,joking aside though Saturday on a friends perm in Snowdonia we stalked in on a sleeping fox about 15 yds below us .And as he was "off menu" watched as he calmly got up and sauntered off ,not a care in the world.

Lucky fox as we didnt want to scare off the 3 goats we were tracking ,as it was the so n so,s stayed on the neighbours land so no goat curry for tea today :censored:

What's wrong with fox curry?

4 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Bet you knew about it after stalking about round there bc... what a lovely part of the world?

Its about done me in, wish it had the same affect on the kids?

BC209149-2DAD-4BD9-8531-756BD49DE5F2.jpeg.b4882ad90562959915fc4062c0ed6bca.jpeg

I,ve never been on a marsh at 45 degrees before Si, and after 6 hours following a Welsh hill farmer round know the true meaning of tired and then some .Tussock grass,Mires ,unused tree holes ,gulleys streams the whole 9 yds ,a sport for the fit <fit to drop>But a beautiful place to be 

And sorry S/D but anyone who has a taste for Fox curry has issues ,probably from both ends :bad:

• Haha 4
On 13/08/2019 at 21:13, ianm said:

You don't need i/r with proper dedicated gen3 or gen 2+.

Sorry, that’s not right. My Archer can see way after others have to put lights on. But it will only enhance whatever light is there. When there’s no light you’ll see sod all unless you provide it 

On 23/08/2019 at 16:11, toxo said:

Sorry, that’s not right. My Archer can see way after others have to put lights on. But it will only enhance whatever light is there. When there’s no light you’ll see sod all unless you provide it 

I don't know what dedicated gen 2+ or gen 3 you have tried but what i do know is that the archer is the poorest of all. 

That is due to the old EEV  tubes Starlight use in them. 

I have access to an Archer that has been retrofitted with a genuine mx101 american gen3 tube and it is still not as good as a pvs 14. Which in turn is not as good as a Cobra Centaur fitted with a gen 2+ photonis tube.

If you own an archer that outperforms a dedicated gen 3 scope then keep it as it is the only one in the world.

57 minutes ago, ianm said:

I don't know what dedicated gen 2+ or gen 3 you have tried but what i do know is that the archer is the poorest of all. 

That is due to the old EEV  tubes Starlight use in them. 

I have access to an Archer that has been retrofitted with a genuine mx101 american gen3 tube and it is still not as good as a pvs 14. Which in turn is not as good as a Cobra Centaur fitted with a gen 2+ photonis tube.

If you own an archer that outperforms a dedicated gen 3 scope then keep it as it is the only one in the world.

I have some copper tubes kicking about somewhere, any good? I guess plastic is pants right.

?

• Haha 1

You sound like my dad S/D ,when we wanted walkie talkies as kids we got 2 plastic cups and a piece of string and binoculars were 2 toilet roll tubes held together with 2 of mums hairgrips ahh the good old days ,TB ,Ricketts n Gout :laugh:

• Haha 1