Night vision??

4 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

The Starlight Archer is proper Gen 3, but it's not 10 grands worth.  https://www.optics-trade.eu/blog/ir-illuminators/

I am well aware of what the Archer is and it isn't a dedicated night vision scope as i was writing about. The Archer will need considerably more i/r than the dedicated scopes because it is an add on and before any light reaches it that light has to go through a myriad of scope lenses. Hence why the low ambient light performance of a dedicated gen 3 or gen 2+ is superior to a gen 3 add on.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a weird and wonderful world sd.... apparently when we leave the eu arseholes are going onto the GL so the tossers need to watch out  

£20.00 ?

I,ve never been on a marsh at 45 degrees before Si, and after 6 hours following a Welsh hill farmer round know the true meaning of tired and then some .Tussock grass,Mires ,unused tree holes ,gulleys

Posted Images

The Pulsar N970 digi sight  that I use has a Sum light function that allows the user to use the scope and spot/ shoot in low light levels without the IR . This can be used at dusk or on moonlit nights and although it’s not as sharp an image as an illuminated one it’s still usable and totally covert . Coupled with a thermal spotter it is probably the cheapest and best set up I could get .  I will be upgrading to a thermal scope for next season, I’m off to the midland game fair later on and will have a look at what’s new . 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Leave your truck empty and your dog at home .The Midland where,s it gone fair ain't got a good name around here atb

I stopped going years ago but went a few years ago with tomsmurf on here and it was very disappointing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilbur foxhound said:

I have noticed that no one has thought about the fact that foxes can see in the dark whether you are using a torch or not 

Not totally. If they can't sky line you and you stay in the shadows they may not notice you. Once they have seen you yes, they will keep track of you or slip away.

Keep a low profile and they will or can miss you.

• Like 1

Yep ,sat in a bush 30 yds ,36g no 6 shot =dead fox ,imho movement and smell are our biggest downfall.Deodorant and toothpaste stinks to a fox as does that curry you had for tea ,dont stink like a brothel and you should do ok :rofl:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Yep ,sat in a bush 30 yds ,36g no 6 shot =dead fox ,imho movement and smell are our biggest downfall.Deodorant and toothpaste stinks to a fox as does that curry you had for tea ,dont stink like a brothel and you should do ok :rofl:

Yep, bath night is Sunday night, when I'm done hunting for the weekend. The more I smell like a badger the better before Sunday night!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, David.evans said:

That’s ok SL 

I haven’t got to sleep with you , thinking about it tho any idea why my other half 

has  fuked of to Dublin for the week ?

That's probably just out of range of the pong mate ?.

Joking aside. When I deer stalked I use to dribble their urine on my coat. It got me some deer that did and some big woodland reds.

You know how packham sniffs snake butt....well I rub fox's butt on my coat, ha, that's one up on that idiot ?

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, ianm said:

I am well aware of what the Archer is and it isn't a dedicated night vision scope as i was writing about. The Archer will need considerably more i/r than the dedicated scopes because it is an add on and before any light reaches it that light has to go through a myriad of scope lenses. Hence why the low ambient light performance of a dedicated gen 3 or gen 2+ is superior to a gen 3 add on.

My mistake. I didn't realise we were talking about a dedicated Gen 3 scopes. I was just giving my view on what I have and I need an I/R for both of them.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

That's probably just out of range of the pong mate ?.

Joking aside. When I deer stalked I use to dribble their urine on my coat. It got me some deer that did and some big woodland reds.

You know how packham sniffs snake butt....well I rub fox's butt on my coat, ha, that's one up on that idiot ?

How did you get a hold of them to start with, then get them to pee on you, thats some talent you have there pal ?

• Haha 1