Rusty_terrier

Health/diet/fitness/training

51 minutes ago, Jobi said:

You're getting carried away a bit here. He gained a good 30lb and kept quite lean, where did I say he was losing at the same time? Of course he likely gained some fat with it but his abs were still very visible. 

Im not getting carried away,you think im having a dig at you and im not.....it just always makes me laugh how having studied all this shit for years,advising many different people,giving lectures about them in gyms etc..... the only debate i ever get is from people who have no experience of them 😁.....everybody who has no experience of them knows somebody who took them and a magical transformation happened almost overnight.... yet ive got a lot of experience of them and ive never seen that kind of thing....strange eh.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not getting carried away,you think im having a dig at you and im not.....it just always makes me laugh how having studied all this shit for years,advising many different people,giving lectures about them in gyms etc..... the only debate i ever get is from people who have no experience of them 😁.....everybody who has no experience of them knows somebody who took them and a magical transformation happened almost overnight.... yet ive got a lot of experience of them and ive never seen that kind of thing....strange eh.

Well I've seen it first hand, yes he did train for quite a few years whilst on them but his transformation was quite rapid. No he didn't not get huge because he hasn't got the genetics to get huge, at his biggest I was still a good 3 stone heavier than him but he started out as a 10 stone scrote. Putting on nigh on 3 stone is a hell of a lot when most of that is muscle mass, if it wasn't he wouldn't have kept his shredded look. 

All this recent talk of fitness, weight training, steroids etc. seems to have changed the theme of the embedded ads on the site.

I now have almost no desire to date a muslim..., I am however getting a bit panicky about the 14 or so lb I want to lose before I go on hols in October 😁

57DEBB50-5AB9-4AC8-95C9-C8544639C28A.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jobi said:

Well I've seen it first hand, yes he did train for quite a few years whilst on them but his transformation was quite rapid. No he didn't not get huge because he hasn't got the genetics to get huge, at his biggest I was still a good 3 stone heavier than him but he started out as a 10 stone scrote. Putting on nigh on 3 stone is a hell of a lot when most of that is muscle mass, if it wasn't he wouldn't have kept his shredded look. 

You dont need steroids to put 30lb on you can do that eating Mcdonalds for 6 months.......and keep your abs !......what is this muscle " mass " you refer to ?....what does it consist of ?

Edited by gnasher16

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You dont need steroids to put 30lb on you can do that eating Mcdonalds for 6 months.......and keep your abs !......what is this muscle " mass " you refer to ?....what does it consist of ?

Yes of course you can but if your abs are still showing then it's obviously not fat. 

43 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Yes of course you can but if your abs are still showing then it's obviously not fat. 

😂...If you had an understanding of the subject you would realise how silly that sounds.....look im not out to belittle anyone so i wont go into a load of physiological mumble jumble....but suffice to say,its almost impossible for the human body to gain any more than around 6 or 7 lb of lean muscle tissue per year.

15 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

😂...If you had an understanding of the subject you would realise how silly that sounds.....look im not out to belittle anyone so i wont go into a load of physiological mumble jumble....but suffice to say,its almost impossible for the human body to gain any more than around 6 or 7 lb of lean muscle tissue per year.

I did not say it was lean mass did I? I already said some of that would have been fat, what I'm also saying is after gaining all that weight he still had abs showing. Now I may be wrong about him putting on exactly 30lb but my estimation won't be that for off. 

This is an article on what muscle gains you can make naturally, now you have to remember he was on gear. Looks like you was wrong fella.. 

https://stronglifts.com/build-muscle/#gref

Edited by Jobi

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I've seen guys literally blow up on steroids. A guy who was around 9 stone to benching 125 for 13 reps in matter of months. No they dont look stage ready but they definitely put on more than 6 or 7 pounds. I know you have a good knowledge of these things but I've definitely seen people out on a lot more than 6lbs in under 1 year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

A cycle of tren would see you put on over more than 6 lbs of muscle.

Funnily enough the last time I was knocking around with my cousin he was running test and tren, fcuk knows what he'd been on before though. 

7-8 lbs of lean muscle naturally, with gear a lot of the extra weight will be fat and water retention

Lads like i said i dont want to belittle anyone but yous are making the basic error a lot of young lads make in trying to run before you can walk....theres an old analogy ive used at seminars and suchlike about " low fat jam doughnuts ".....nothings going to make sense about answers when you dont even understand the questions....people end up using terms and phrases they have heard but in the wrong context.....yes you can gain more than 7 lb of bodyweight in a year but you wont gain more than around 7lb of lean skeletal muscle tissue....the reason i asked the lad " what is mass " is because he would have answered his own question.....ive gone through all this stuff literally hundreds of times with people in gyms,nobody ever says " it looks like you are wrong fella " 😂... but hey its the internet !

The mistake most people make is they dont get a basic understanding of muscle protein synthesis and how steroids actually work....before looking at numbers and how quickly they can get to big numbers.

When you start to get an understanding of the nucleus of the cells inside muscle fibre and how it relates to making proteins to stimulate muscle growth,protein synthesis all makes more sense,more nuclei equals more proteins equals bigger fibres etc etc....then when you add the fact that anabolic steroids actually increase the numbers of nuclei fibres even without resistance training you realise you have 2 things making nuclei numbers go up.....its very very basic stuff beginners should get to grips with.

Personally ive never understood why or how people can break their body down or contemplate putting chemicals inside their body without knowing anything about it...but its indicative of todays society in my opinion,people just want stuff now...without learning or requiring any understanding how to get it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I've seen guys literally blow up on steroids. A guy who was around 9 stone to benching 125 for 13 reps in matter of months. No they dont look stage ready but they definitely put on more than 6 or 7 pounds. I know you have a good knowledge of these things but I've definitely seen people out on a lot more than 6lbs in under 1 year.

Muscle is around 79% water....if you saw people putting on 30lb in a year you do the maths.....only around 6 or 7 lb of that will be lean tissue.

Obviously beginners will gain 3 or 4 times what a seasoned lifter can but that soon slows down.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Gnash is there anything or anywhere there’s not all but a lot of this stuff in one place to have a good read

Edited by W. Katchum