wasn't there a thread on here just recently from a lad who said when he was recharging his plr500, it burst into flames,think it was in his house, put me off straight away after reading this, sound cheap and dodgy to me,wouldnt take a chance on one.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, grompz said:

wasn't there a thread on here just recently from a lad who said when he was recharging his plr500, it burst into flames,think it was in his house, put me off straight away after reading this, sound cheap and dodgy to me,wouldnt take a chance on one.

That's right mate read that thread while back it was a problem with the Chargers and clulite recalled them I phoned them about this and they sent me a new one no problem the lamps are fine  it was the Chargers at the time 

2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Mine was the 1 that exploded and nearly burned the house down, if I hadnt been in house would have gone up in flames, fire spread over 15 ft of upstairs carpet on the landing

would you  still chance the plr500, now that clulite has changed the chargers, after  what you experienced, I would still be dubious about charging one round my property,thank god you and yours escaped serious injury, clulite would have had a lot of explaining to do,a serious safety issue.

Handy little lamp that's cheap and worth it for a handy shine but i find it misses out on rabbit squatters eyes in medium grass with the white light. I prefer the deben tracer 170 with dimmer especially for shy foxes. It benifets the dog too when you don't let him see until the last second. Big dopey wheaten cross doing somersaults if he sees them early ? Expensive kit though with 22amp tracer battery but more chance of a catch.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Spot on there mate I’ve used the deben tracer 210 with dimmer and 22amp lithium battery for 3 seasons now expensive bit of kit but well worth the money atb longers01 

Yeah deffinetly serious bit of kit as long as you tell the missus it only cost 100quid.? I paid €120 for lamp and 250 sterling for battery which was about €300 Euro with exchange rate at the time. Bought the PLR for €60 so it was 7 times the price for kit at €420. Not many rabbits here so I did need it for the foxes. They are well lamp shy so getting enough runs for dog isn't easy and they didn't sit for PLR 500. Hardest thing was keeping him fit if only running fox. Sad day when there is more foxes than rabbits about.

• Like 1

I've recently bought one of these. I'm really impressed. Although the filter is a real faff to get on and off quickly. Ive been thinking off modding it with some kind of flip up filter like the old lazerlite. Anyone else modded theirs? 

Cheers