Deben battery hard wiring?

Is it a big job to hard wire your lamp to your lithium battery? I cant believe how bad the connection is when plugged in and how easy it disconnects.  

Is it a job for a spark or has anyone done it themselves? 

TIA 

be interested in this. Just picked up a used battery and apparently the charger port is duff but its got charge and powers me lamp.Seems solid too so not sure what the issue is but i dont have a charger to test it with

Has anyone switched over to just hand held now totally?.......if I was still out with the lamp I’d have a couple of them in my rucksack and f**k the battery.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Has anyone switched over to just hand held now totally?.......if I was still out with the lamp I’d have a couple of them in my rucksack and f**k the battery.

The only problem with them is there is no dimmer wilf.

I would be lost without the dimmer.

I usually leave it on the lowest dimmer setting to just allow the eyes to shine back.and when the dog is nearly there turn the power up...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, terryd said:

be interested in this. Just picked up a used battery and apparently the charger port is duff but its got charge and powers me lamp.Seems solid too so not sure what the issue is but i dont have a charger to test it with

this is the charging port on mine Terry.

Does yours look the same or has something moved in the charging hole on yours 

20190817_175952.jpg

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yep one setting on or off on mines. Plus it's not like a wired one where the beam just loses power when the battery starts to drain mines just flicks off completely so it s all or nothing

Thats the good think with the lithium rusty.

They give full power right untill the end 

Just like your handheld.

2 season ago I walked for just over an hour put the lamp on 1st shine bang the power dropped right off.motorbike battery was knackered.

Pissed off wasn't the word lol.

1 hour ago, king said:

this is the charging port on mine Terry.

Does yours look the same or has something moved in the charging hole on yours 

20190817_175952.jpg

Looks same as mine mate. The pin is solid too not lose. Going bite bullet and fork out 20 for charger

C532FD21-7402-442F-AB95-59F3C98F6E51.jpeg

Edited by terryd
On 17/08/2019 at 17:57, king said:

The only problem with them is there is no dimmer wilf.

I would be lost without the dimmer.

I usually leave it on the lowest dimmer setting to just allow the eyes to shine back.and when the dog is nearly there turn the power up...

I’ve got to be honest king , I hate that method mate 

dodgy as f**k 

16 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I just think I’d rather loose a few spooky bits of game rather than not see what’s in front of the dog mate 

There's only a few things on the lamp 

I know what's around me on the land stiff.

I wish there was more ?

To be fair i seen a few people put the lamp on stuff turn it off slip then judge when the dogs close normally youll find dogs already pressuring whatever. 

Id probably jack lamping if there was only led on the market. Used loads of different ones over couple seasons went back to halogen difference was like night and day.