Anybody know anything about wetsuits?

Need some fitting advice. I'm trying to buy a summer suit and have no great experience of them. I've got sort of funny measurements and I'm struggling to get a tight waist fitting. The small of my back has a air pocket. It's a gul flexor I'm trying, are gul known for suiting fat people (I'm not fat)? What brand should I be looking at?

Cheers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swimming shorts and just man thefuck up.

You're not what .................4'7 with a 36" waist and a 38" chest..........and you say you're not a weird shape, you could fit in a condom never mind a swimsuit ffs ???

Bought eighty quid worth of mask snorkel and fins a couple weeks back in newquay and had an hour with it in just shorts in Dorset. First time snorkelling and it was f***ing awesome. Just practicing ev

Posted Images

Quicksilver, Billabong, Bodyglove or O'Neil. I've had or used all at some point and never had issues but I'm not weird shaped ? I have an O'Neil one that I use for snorkeling and the odd day spear fishing. 

Seem to remember that TK Maxx had those brands in store, most times ;)

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Quicksilver, Billabong, Bodyglove or O'Neil. I've had or used all at some point and never had issues but I'm not weird shaped ? I have an O'Neil one that I use for snorkeling and the odd day spear fishing. 

I might just have to send these back and wait until I can find a shop. Just not the area for them is the problem. Also that is exactly what I want mine for

Which county are you in mate?

I've just been looking on the TK Maxx website and they have sweeFA in stock.

Decathalon have wetsuits, pretty cheap though and not sure how good they are.

Edited to add:

Where are you going to be snorkeling or spear fishing mate? If it's in the UK, probably best to get a thick one. Between 2mm and 4mm ;)

Edited by mushroom
4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Which county are you in mate?

I've just been looking on the TK Maxx website and they have sweeFA in stock.

Decathalon have wetsuits, pretty cheap though and not sure how good they are.

Edited to add:

Where are you going to be snorkeling or spear fishing mate? If it's in the UK, probably best to get a thick one. Between 2mm and 4mm ;)

I live Nott’s but I’d be in the water around Dorset and Cornwall. I think a summer suit will be fine and then get a thicker proper spearo suit in the future.

Other more exotic destinations I should be alright with just a rash guard.

8 hours ago, mushroom said:

You're not what .................4'7 with a 36" waist and a 38" chest..........and you say you're not a weird shape, you could fit in a condom never mind a swimsuit ffs ???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Get a 3mm suit mate. It'll extend the season and the time you can comfortably spend in the water. 

If you're gonna be spear fishing, make sure you buy all the correct gear, orange buoy, bag, knife etc. Don't buy cheap snorkel, flippers or mask. You will regret it. I did when my effing ankles were covered in blisters and I nearly fuucking drowned every time I surfaced ???

17 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Get a 3mm suit mate. It'll extend the season and the time you can comfortably spend in the water. 

If you're gonna be spear fishing, make sure you buy all the correct gear, orange buoy, bag, knife etc. Don't buy cheap snorkel, flippers or mask. You will regret it. I did when my effing ankles were covered in blisters and I nearly fuucking drowned every time I surfaced ???

Bought eighty quid worth of mask snorkel and fins a couple weeks back in newquay and had an hour with it in just shorts in Dorset. First time snorkelling and it was f***ing awesome. Just practicing everything and having a bit of fun. Jelly fish got me apparently. Lol.

I'm off to Brisbane in November and want to swim with dolphins etc. Next summer I want to properly spear fish with a view to some more foreign adventures. Just gaining experience and confidence in the short term.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 5
15 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Just found this in my history.. Never used them but have a butchers. Lots of info on there.

https://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk

Thats where one of these came from i think. I've read loads and none the wiser, hence this thread. I'm just not sure if my proportions mean I'm a bit of a special case. Lol. Just need a tighter waist, everything else is snug as f**k, but any smaller size wise and I'd struggle everywhere else, especially in the chest/shoulder region.

16 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Thats where one of these came from i think. I've read loads and none the wiser, hence this thread. I'm just not sure if my proportions mean I'm a bit of a special case. Lol. Just need a tighter waist, everything else is snug as f**k, but any smaller size wise and I'd struggle everywhere else, especially in the chest/shoulder region.

Buy a belt ???