New boat

On 11/08/2019 at 22:53, fireman said:

After going through a few small boats this year,buying,doing up and selling for a profit and putting it all back in as such,me and a pal have all we need now.A cracking little boat that has a rep for being safe as houses and stable in a chop and it is,it's a Bonwitchco 400 with a yam 25 hp and a gps,fishfinder has been ordered for it but we've been out and caught a few Bass with it both trolling lures and bait fishing at anchor and  we have a small drift net we tried for a sole with and bagged a couple of Bass instead,but i can live with that.Anyway here's a pic of it a pal took while i was cleaning the catch and small boat fishing wasn't something i ever did much of before this year but i'm hooked like a bass on a rapala on it now :victory:

67892917_10217638303843355_3305405714310103040_o.jpg

Small boat fishing is fantastic. Small enough to take close on shallow and near the edges where the fish hide and yet sturdy enough to get you out in the deep. I love it. Great looking bay boat mate. May she be lucky for you. ;)

• Thanks 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After going through a few small boats this year,buying,doing up and selling for a profit and putting it all back in as such,me and a pal have all we need now.A cracking little boat that has a rep for

Will do and as it goes there very easy to use once you got the suss, .. will add that one went back ..

Banter and a wind up went out the window a long time ago timmy as me and you well know.But instead of being a prick on all my posts just leave it till your ready to meet up and you can spout your shit

Posted Images

7 hours ago, The Fishlocker said:

Small boat fishing is fantastic. Small enough to take close on shallow and near the edges where the fish hide and yet sturdy enough to get you out in the deep. I love it. Great looking bay boat mate. May she be lucky for you. ;)

Many thanks FL and my pal in the back ground has a 18 foot Wilson flyer with a 75 marina on it but we just don't use it as the fishing this side of the country ain't nothing like yours and he bought it to go after cod,but with this global warming and over fishing the cod don't come to east anglia in anything of the numbers they used.Mind you the Bass that are replacing them ain't to shabby and the type of  fish are the same miles out or close to shore and that's the reason we got this boat instead of using the bigger one.:good:

How do you get on launching it? They have closed all the public slipways around here and the private ones charge a fortune. We've been using inflatables or kayaks and just carrying them down the beach. The get a bit crowded once you load them up with everything you need though!

13 minutes ago, Tyla said:

How do you get on launching it? They have closed all the public slipways around here and the private ones charge a fortune. We've been using inflatables or kayaks and just carrying them down the beach. The get a bit crowded once you load them up with everything you need though!

We launch from the side of the river,which is just a couple of hundred yards from the sea.It's a firm short steep shingle bank and we've a break back trailer with a good winch on it so it's easy.But it's light enough and well balanced enough to be able to be pushed across a firm beach by two people and any car will tow it,were not ones for paying silly money to get into the sea so we'll give it a go anywhere really :laugh:,i have a little avon inflatable as well and i know what you mean about space and that's why we went out to work our way up to this one and the space on it without it being a big boat is brilliant and 4 could fish off without to many problems..:good:

• Like 2