Why has Hancock no pups for sale?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for Pastoral fans out there,..these are some words I penned from research, a few years ago...  Obviously, only my opinion,...based solely on my own experience...? The Australian Cattle

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns,.... and going with your heart...? I prefer, my rabbiting lurchers to have a fair old smidgeon of the herder in them... Everyone, has their own pre

Love them or hate them there is no getting away from the fact there will never be anyone as influential in successfully breeding just one cross as Hancocks have been, iv no complaints with mine, 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've never heard this but the black barb people are mentioning,at least the ones I've seen, have a heavier build and broader head than most kelpies and look like they have bull type blood in them.

Lol no no mate, I was just messing about, after bill saying there was matiff blood in german shepherds lol ?

• Like 1
On 17/08/2019 at 23:00, shaaark said:

As far as I'm aware, they've always done things by the book, and more. Not many people will give you a replacement pup should anything be wrong with your original choice. 

I've been there a few times, and david and sally always had time, patience and were friendly, knowledgeable about the dogs, and offered good advice about the pups. And the place was clean, the dogs were clean, and all the dogs were friendly and sociable. Something I can 100% assure you that you won't get with the majority of backyard breeders, most of whom won't have a clue.

People can only speak as they find ?

First met David in 80s and like you I found him a nice anufe bloke who always willing to give advise .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, two crows said:

collie's

DSCF8134.JPG

DSCF8133.JPG

The old hill man were a strong breed of herder by all accounts nice but fa me it's difficult ta believe the kelpie daint have more than just and a drop of dingo there would be u adulterated. Mating season going on with other breed or two added selection his thethebkey but fa me I find it difficult ta believe the pioneers developed the cattle dog with several breeds in the foundation yet the kelpie less breeds the strong Black and Tans maybey a throw back colour ta the old English terrier ,who knows the kelpie seems more driven terrier type attitude the ways they go about there jobs .atb bill

• Like 1

Has a lad we owned a corgi terrier Xs great little vermin dog went ta ground would work all endless stamina great constitution little Toby remember him like yesterday and the the corgi like ta hit stock in the hock area like the cattle dogs and kelpies atb bill

5 hours ago, billhardy said:

the pioneers developed the cattle dog with several breeds in the foundation yet the kelpie less breeds

Suppose you don't need to if they are near perfect at their task,they have developed into a dog here that is leaner,probably to endure the scorching temperatures and to cover the vast paddocks better.

• Like 2

What I getting at there his no doubt about it there would have been the odd lit a sim it ekes in the mix and they would folk a folk and they wer not developed in a laboratory they were developed  like most breeds did.in the fecking ranches etc nobody was lol just a mongrell collie with a drip of wild dog a good mix mind but hey like the alsation that three a four percent makes a difference but with the German breeds like Horace ,Unknown genetic material in there mastiffff.atb bill

If has wana know more about the hill man collie give Burrell a ring the deep red colour the up on the leg the outstanding ability of stamina.the kelpie gets its a its to with stand high temperatures plus good harsh cold weather both exist in the same twenty four period in the out back the wild dingo give em this trait ,I found with mallinois they same the alsation will overheat the dutchies seem like the alsation ,a reckon size weight has a factor also  these kelpies cattle dogs mallinois etc have that inbuilt anti freeze in em that makes them capable of withstand the cold plus severe heat  they don't boil over has easilY ya don't need be in the outback ta get these condition most Aussies to busy drinking fosters by midday lol atb bill

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Suppose you don't need to if they are near perfect at their task,they have developed into a dog here that is leaner,probably to endure the scorching temperatures and to cover the vast paddocks better.

Sensible words fellah...:good:

I've relatives in both Australia and New Zealand and knowing my interest in Herding dogs, they have always forwarded information, back home.

It is a long story,  and hopefully, one to be told (at a later date?) but in the 1980s, before I bred my Cattle Dog lurchers,...my main priority was in importing some Kelpie blood.  Unfortunately, I got kinda sidetracked.....things happened...?

Anyway, its no matter,...however,..I do recall Australian sheep shearers that I've chatted with, telling me, that in many outback areas,..the dingo, is quite rightly hated with a vengeance. The farming folk have no time for the critter.

Now, I personally rate this amazing wild canid and admire his tenacity and will to survive., but then, I ain't a sheep farmer!.....

The lads told me, that out there, it is a fair old insult to call a man, a dirty dingo...

Therefore,.the last thing a sheep farmer or stockman is going to brag about is how he surreptitiously bred Dingo blood, into his working dogs...?

Recent DNA tests seem to prove, that there are no wild dog genes in the Kelpie,.and having scant scientific training or knowledge myself, I would have to concede to that maxim,..however, as a  man who once tried to improve his own style of working dog, by taking a walk on the wild side,.I would have to question the voracity of the claim.

I am fairly convinced that the Australian Cattle Dog shows definite wild dog traits,..whereas the Kelpie is a far more refined and versatile worker, yet in my mind,.deep down, in both canines, something very feral and genuinely wild, still exists? 

• Like 9