Why has Hancock no pups for sale?

27 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Are there any decent Hancock bred dogs out there doing the business on bigger game?

You seriously expecting everyone with such a dog to rush along and reply in the positive to that question? 

Thing is, for all the people on this site that slate all the dogs that have breen bred at hancock's,; too nervy, overthink things, stalk too much, not enough drive, not enough guts etc etc, there are just as many people that have bought dogs from hancock's, and made a success of training them, that aint nervy, have plenty of drive, plenty of aggression, plenty of speed, power and stamina,  and are catching allsorts up and down the country, and would laugh their heads off reading these negative comments. And many of them wouldn't entertain sites such as this anyway.

And like I said earlier in this thread, there are also a fair few people that have continued to breed on from hancock bred lurchers, and have their own generation bred collie/greys

Oh yeah joe ox, I don't own one, just saying like lol ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for Pastoral fans out there,..these are some words I penned from research, a few years ago...  Obviously, only my opinion,...based solely on my own experience...? The Australian Cattle

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns,.... and going with your heart...? I prefer, my rabbiting lurchers to have a fair old smidgeon of the herder in them... Everyone, has their own pre

Love them or hate them there is no getting away from the fact there will never be anyone as influential in successfully breeding just one cross as Hancocks have been, iv no complaints with mine, 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

You seriously expecting everyone with such a dog to rush along and reply in the positive to that question? 

Thing is, for all the people on this site that slate all the dogs that have breen bred at hancock's,; too nervy, overthink things, stalk too much, not enough drive, not enough guts etc etc, there are just as many people that have bought dogs from hancock's, and made a success of training them, that aint nervy, have plenty of drive, plenty of aggression, plenty of speed, power and stamina,  and are catching allsorts up and down the country, and would laugh their heads off reading these negative comments. And many of them wouldn't entertain sites such as this anyway.

And like I said earlier in this thread, there are also a fair few people that have continued to breed on from hancock bred lurchers, and have their own generation bred collie/greys

I wasn't expecting anyone to incriminate themselves if that's what you think, its still legal to track bigger game last time I checked, just say if they had capable dogs of that breeding, they all seem to be used for rabbit bashing that's why I asked

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

I wasn't expecting anyone to incriminate themselves if that's what you think, its still legal to track bigger game last time I checked, just say if they had capable dogs of that breeding, they all seem to be used for rabbit bashing that's why I asked

Ah right  yeah, I should've put PRE BAN lol ?

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Before this descends even further, I should've put 'pre ban' at the end of the second paragraph in my original reply to you lol ?

Can't believe you inadvertently admitted to killing Red Deer stags with your Hancock cross. 

I never had anything to do wit hancock or his dogs, but don't like puppy farms so guess im'e anty, but does anyone know how many pups were bred, what percentage whent to working/hunting homes, and what  was the success rate, I know we will never know the answers, but be interesting all the same.

10 hours ago, shaaark said:

Nothing negative about highlighting the fact that buying off him is promoting puppy farming and if lads weren't willing to throw large sums of money at them making it profitable then these large scale puppy farms wouldn't exist. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jiggy said:

Nothing negative about highlighting the fact that buying off him is promoting puppy farming and if lads weren't willing to throw large sums of money at them making it profitable then these large scale puppy farms wouldn't exist. 

your right its the buyers that keep them places open, easy to get what you want, and for agility, fly ball etc they be queing up I bet. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jiggy said:

There as many so called lurcher men breeding for a few pound and keeping the pups in big shit holes than Hancock 

• Like 1