Why has Hancock no pups for sale?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for Pastoral fans out there,..these are some words I penned from research, a few years ago...  Obviously, only my opinion,...based solely on my own experience...? The Australian Cattle

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns,.... and going with your heart...? I prefer, my rabbiting lurchers to have a fair old smidgeon of the herder in them... Everyone, has their own pre

Love them or hate them there is no getting away from the fact there will never be anyone as influential in successfully breeding just one cross as Hancocks have been, iv no complaints with mine, 

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I read an interesting article the other day about a famous line of Kelpies.Most believe dingo blood was a given in this breed but DNA showed no native dog blood at all in their history.I'm sure it would have found its way into some lines though, through accidental/sneaky matings.

Read the same article myself. And they're called kelpies cos that was the name of one these collie type's dam ?. I've read a few of these articles the last few months, very interesting info

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
52 minutes ago, poxon said:

Just googled this 

9F44EBA4-2ADC-43E4-9188-654F36DC5964.png

F5FA4279-81BD-4E66-9C51-5EED582C1A82.png

AC637688-7A39-4041-8784-EED46525CF99.png

Wasn't there some mastiff blood in the original kelpie bitch? Those old scottish shepherds were keen on adding it for extra drve, so I've been told ?‍♂️ ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Wasn't there some mastiff blood in the original kelpie bitch? Those old scottish shepherds were keen on adding it for extra drve, so I've been told ?‍♂️ ?

Ain’t got a clue mate 

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The old bloke that taught me ferreting as a kid had a dog the image of this,it was a straight cross red cattle/greyhound.

You are spot on there, Aussie Whip?

I've used, all sorts of lurchers, for all sorts of quarry?

However, back in the late 80s,...I went full-time, on the rabbit catching job.

I found that an amalgam, of running dog and herding dog, seemed to fit in nicely, with the daily workload...:good:

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, shaaark said:

If they were curs bred like some say that the early. Minshaws devoped from curs that's very probable lol but hey the ausies done a better job with the collie from these Isles they sele Ted fa tougher hardier sharper type not fecking eye eye eye atb bill

4 minutes ago, billhardy said:

If they were curs bred like some say that the early. Minshaws devoped from curs that's very probable lol but hey the ausies done a better job with the collie from these Isles they sele Ted fa tougher hardier sharper type not fecking eye eye eye atb bill

Early minshaws were just mongrel lurcher, for want of a better term, bred to mongrel lurcher, with the odd collie/grey bred in weren't they? Don't think there'd be any mastiff in there though. Bull/grey yes, but not mastiff

22 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Early minshaws were just mongrel lurcher, for want of a better term, bred to mongrel lurcher, with the odd collie/grey bred in weren't they? Don't think there'd be any mastiff in there though. Bull/grey yes, but not mastiff

The early minshaws were supposedly cur bred ancestry Hill collies with a touch I gf something else but that was probably just heresy atb bill

20 minutes ago, billhardy said:

So the kelpie has the s a me or siliar ancestry has the cattle dog just another branch from the s as me tree atb bill

No the kelpie was first with what I can make out using English collies sent to Australia the Australians developed the cattle dog later on using herding drovers probably kelpie/collie to natives to get them the direction they need to go in but I recon there’s got to be a farmer out there that thought feck this 2 dogs for developed for different jobs an let his cattle dog service his kelpie collie An sold the surplus off as straight kelpies your probably right bill there probably linked somewhere an branch off 

33 minutes ago, billhardy said:

So the kelpie has the s a me or siliar ancestry has the cattle dog just another branch from the s as me tree atb bill

:doh: kin el bill, you've just consigned me to some more herding dog information work! Lol good job I have an interest in pastoral type dogs lol ?

• Haha 1