Why has Hancock no pups for sale?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for Pastoral fans out there,..these are some words I penned from research, a few years ago...  Obviously, only my opinion,...based solely on my own experience...? The Australian Cattle

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns,.... and going with your heart...? I prefer, my rabbiting lurchers to have a fair old smidgeon of the herder in them... Everyone, has their own pre

Love them or hate them there is no getting away from the fact there will never be anyone as influential in successfully breeding just one cross as Hancocks have been, iv no complaints with mine, 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, shaaark said:

Yes I know mate lol, was just having a laugh lol ?.  To be honest, unless someone is ultra keen on collies and just collie/greys, I think most of us are the same, a drop of collie here and there is enough. Throw a pic up of your pup, little cracker that ?

There she is fella she’s coming on really well she sits on command,she recalls well and retrieves well for a pup of 10 weeks old  she’ll walk buy my side if I take her out for a wonder she seems the wanting to please type I’ve started doing a little lead walking but don’t like pups so young on leads 

C2C455E5-931A-4742-96F2-D9A9E65F1771.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, poxon said:

There she is fella she’s coming on really well she sits on command,she recalls well and retrieves well for a pup of 10 weeks old  she’ll walk buy my side if I take her out for a wonder she seems the wanting to please type I’ve started doing a little lead walking but don’t like pups so young on leads 

Looking good mate ?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, poxon said:

lovely little pup that mate...….

looks well.....

all the very best with her.

jay.  ?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Chid said:

I hear Kelpie crosses would be just as popular

I worked a kelpie x greyhound ,a big dark red dog with plenty of wheels &  ....huge ears lol nice enough dog ,He shifted away so I didn't  get to find out how the dog went long term.

• Confused 1
On 19/08/2019 at 08:38, poxon said:

As northernlite as said he’s probably done them a favour I mean just because Hancock as packed in genuine collie xs won’t stop someone will see the gap in the market an fill If it’s working orientated the person breeding them might breed out of working dogs for work ??Collie xs pop up only the other day on here I see a kelpie x greyhound f1 litter due out of stuff that does a bit. Tbh I’m pretty happy with the fact the puppy farm as closed down the lurcher world don’t need it the working Lurcher world produces enough work bred Lurchers to go round plus more but I’m still a believer in the lurcher world as moved on from 1/2 & 1/4 bred collie xs you just have to look out there an see terrier crosses have the hunting game covered without any temperamental collie stuff lol.....the less collie in a Lurcher the better 

U only say that because u keep  lurchers with terrier in them the same as people that keep collie x thing they are the best

• Like 1
Just now, troyboy17 said:

U only say that because u keep  lurchers with terrier in them the same as people that keep collie x thing they are the best

I keep both I’ve still got a collie x mate the dam an grand dam to both my youngest bitches if I was after another collie cross I’m sure I’d be able to find one with out to much trouble first place I’d start is were my collie x came from then I’d pm jigsaw who has a litter of f1s ready to drop if he couldn’t help I’d pm colliejohn see what he knows if none of the above could point in any directions I’d wait it out some thing would turn up. Tbh I don’t think I’m only saying it because I keep Lurchers with terrier in them I’m saying it because it’s truthful just on what I see the world has moved on from half crosses or there would be more available not a lot of people seem to be interested in them most half crosses don’t suit most people they want that little bit more don’t get me wrong a half cross is a excellent starting point of any cross but look at the crosses out there that are offered for sale there mostly multi crossed animals Lurcher to Lurcher an mostly high terrier blooded mixes be it mixes of bedlington,bull,Wheaton to herder types to sighthounds that’s what’s working for people that’s why there in abundance over straight collie xs I think I’m a lucky guy because I see the benefits to herder An terrier types that’s why now favour a mix of the two seems to work for me it’s one nor the other here’s a question Do I keep a terrier type or a hearder type because I’m struggling to categorise what I’ve actually got in my kennels bar just Lurcher to Lurcher bred dogs one nor the others I sort of get what your saying Troyboy but I’m neutral mate I like collie xs an bedlington xs but easy on the collie hey to much spoiles the broth

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, poxon said:

I keep both I’ve still got a collie x mate the dam an grand dam to both my youngest bitches if I was after another collie cross I’m sure I’d be able to find one with out to much trouble first place I’d start is were my collie x came from then I’d pm jigsaw who has a litter of f1s ready to drop if he couldn’t help I’d pm colliejohn see what he knows if none of the above could point in any directions I’d wait it out some thing would turn up. Tbh I don’t think I’m only saying it because I keep Lurchers with terrier in them I’m saying it because it’s truthful just on what I see the world has moved on from half crosses or there would be more available not a lot of people seem to be interested in them most half crosses don’t suit most people they want that little bit more don’t get me wrong a half cross is a excellent starting point of any cross but look at the crosses out there that are offered for sale there mostly multi crossed animals Lurcher to Lurcher an mostly high terrier blooded mixes be it mixes of bedlington,bull,Wheaton to herder types to sighthounds that’s what’s working for people that’s why there in abundance over straight collie xs I think I’m a lucky guy because I see the benefits to herder An terrier types that’s why now favour a mix of the two seems to work for me it’s one nor the other here’s a question Do I keep a terrier type or a hearder type because I’m struggling to categorise what I’ve actually got in my kennels bar just Lurcher to Lurcher bred dogs one nor the others I sort of get what your saying Troyboy but I’m neutral mate I like collie xs an bedlington xs but easy on the collie hey to much spoiles the broth

Jigsaw doesn't have collie X's ready to drop there kelpie X's ?

30 minutes ago, Chid said:

Jigsaw doesn't have collie X's ready to drop there kelpie X's ?

Still a herder just a Australian version of English collie makes no difference.coming to think of it were did the kelpie dissent from bet it was English collies 

23 minutes ago, poxon said:

Still a herder just a Australian version of English collie makes no difference.coming to think of it were did the kelpie dissent from bet it was English collies 

I don't know how kelpies came about but they look like leggy corgie's / healers to me.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, two crows said:

I don't know how kelpies came about but they look like leggy corgie's / healers to me.

You on about Australian cattle dogs or Australian kelpies I think Australian cattle dogs look corgie healer looking.kelpies look like a collie to me or have I got my wires crossed An there one an the same breed 

Interesting subject...:good:

All,  the various herding breeds/types,..have been bred (and ruthlessly culled)...to create a canine to fulfil, a specific task.

In common with most early canines,..if a dog did not work,..it did not survive...?

A few folks today, still maintain, those same criteria...

It is only when man, conveniently forgets, just what a particular dog, was originally created for, that the rot sets in...?

DSC_3165.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We were sat at a show once Phil a lad was talking them down a lad through a few thousand on the table for a walk out hunting mouching  way  the sling daytime  a merl type it all went quit  this was in the early 80s ?it is what it is fella nice to see you back phil ?

• Like 1

I read an interesting article the other day about a famous line of Kelpies.Most believe dingo blood was a given in this breed but DNA showed no native dog blood at all in their history.I'm sure it would have found its way into some lines though, through accidental/sneaky matings.

• Like 1