Why has Hancock no pups for sale?

35 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

If they have there will be a lot of sad folk especially in the Midlands area. Regards Collie John.

Don’t know about that collie John bet someone else will pop up now could be for the better there’s a opportunity there for someone 

• Like 1

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for Pastoral fans out there,..these are some words I penned from research, a few years ago...  Obviously, only my opinion,...based solely on my own experience...? The Australian Cattle

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns,.... and going with your heart...? I prefer, my rabbiting lurchers to have a fair old smidgeon of the herder in them... Everyone, has their own pre

Love them or hate them there is no getting away from the fact there will never be anyone as influential in successfully breeding just one cross as Hancocks have been, iv no complaints with mine, 

Posted Images

There like marmite but as the previous poster says end of an era . My opinion is I have seen some great dogs and bitches run breed from Hancock and always fancied a true collie cross 3/4 grew too a 1/4 collie .hopefully may be able to pick one up in the next couple of years 

I had a first cross border collie from him over 15 years ago that turned out to have been born with a hip defect. To be fair, he offered a replacement free of charge (not money back though :laugh:) My mate had a beardie 2nd cross at the same time that was sound and a tough old thing that was a good helper around the nets into old age and it was unfortunate that she lost some of her speed after getting hit by a car quite early on. She had a sweet temperament, but did sometimes get upset at odd things living up to the weirdie  beardie reputation.

Can't help wondering if a property developer made them an offer they couldn't refuse for that farm. They looked to be running a breakers / scrap yard alongside the dog breeding which didn't exactly fit in with the executive neighbourhood.

There are new regulations coming into effect from October with regard to the commercial breeding of dogs. I suspect these regulations have influenced the decision to pack up.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 6

Does seem bit strange how they been posting about new studs and making a new website then now there packing in , bet it’s because the new regulations on dog breeding that made them realise it’s time back in save them all the paper work and doing things by the book so to speak 

Big Brother gets his nose into everything. Can't see as if they were doing much wrong. Perhaps some dodgy practices but no more than your average farmer. Shame really. THL will have to look for a new hate figure. Lol.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Does seem bit strange how they been posting about new studs and making a new website then now there packing in , bet it’s because the new regulations on dog breeding that made them realise it’s time back in save them all the paper work and doing things by the book so to speak 

As far as I'm aware, they've always done things by the book, and more. Not many people will give you a replacement pup should anything be wrong with your original choice. 

I've been there a few times, and david and sally always had time, patience and were friendly, knowledgeable about the dogs, and offered good advice about the pups. And the place was clean, the dogs were clean, and all the dogs were friendly and sociable. Something I can 100% assure you that you won't get with the majority of backyard breeders, most of whom won't have a clue.

People can only speak as they find ?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
On 17/08/2019 at 14:08, darbo said:

Retirement.

It is with great sadness that we have decided to retire from breeding our lurchers. We have deliberated over this for some time, we are all getting older and under the current climate now is the right time to call it a day. We have been breeding lurchers for 37 years and we have enjoyed every one of them. We have met some wonderful people from all walks of life in that time and the tales that we could tell are many. But as you know “All good things must come to an end”.

We would like to take this opportunity to say “Thank you” to everyone including customers past and present for all your support over the years, without your support we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Kind regards Sally.

I think its a blessing when a commercial puppy enterprise shuts down,its tragic for the folk that trod a path to their commercial establishment to source a 4th grade mutt,the majority of times,the decent curs they bred where far,far,far outweighed by the shivery and reluctant dross that many passed from pillar to post in their pursuit of bunny nirvana.They will soon be up and at it again as soon as they circumnavigate the new rules and regulations,to much dosh to be taken from fools to pack in the gold mine.

£350 a pup ain't worth the bother of breeding a litter for when there's loads of breeds or x's that make more money a pup,can't see what with vets fee's,chipping,rearing,staff wages,kennel upkeep,jabs there's a lot left to take home as a wage.Also with puppies you got to pay VAT on them to the tax man as a breeder and that's a eye watery amount over the year..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fireman said:

£350 a pup ain't worth the bother of breeding a litter for when there's loads of breeds or x's that make more money a pup,can't see what with vets fee's,chipping,rearing,staff wages,kennel upkeep,jabs there's a lot left to take home as a wage.Also with puppies you got to pay VAT on them to the tax man as a breeder and that's a eye watery amount over the year..

£350 a pup,several pups in the litter,dozens and dozens of litters a year,i heard she was selling 60-70 pups a month?,ill guarantee the commercial kennels only breed for commercial profit and not working quality.