C.green

Plummers

4 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Think gaz rehomed one that stayed til dug to gwilmarche.

Don’t think he kept it so couldn’t been that good 

35 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Don’t think he kept it so couldn’t been that good 

Gaz only wanted a busher, he gifted her to a gamekeeper in Wales if my memory serves me right because she kept going to ground 

4 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Gaz only wanted a busher, he gifted her to a gamekeeper in Wales if my memory serves me right because she kept going to ground 

The lad who he gave it too got rid 

• Like 1

Years ago lads I read about them in hunting mags,the Plummer terrier,bred by Brian plummer he was a lurcher and terrier man that got his claim to fame by living in the outback of the country in the UK and rearing a collie x greyhound [collie being the dam of the pup and greyhound being the sire],merle I think it was called,slow to start but a demon when he got started so I read,

the plummer terrier I seen were good ratting terriers and bushing terriers,never seen one that would stay under ground for very long,but every dog is different,dont see many at the game fairs these days. 

• Haha 2

Here's my lad. Not strictly a plummer, he's half pat. Superb busher if there's something in a bit of cover and he scents it he'll get it moving. Not really a proper earth dog but he will drop down occasionally. Use him to flush to my rapidly useless lurchers 😁

Cheers

IMG_20190822_183416.jpg

IMG_20190822_183401.jpg

• Like 8

Got my dog flying at the monent loves the catapult allways seems to catch sommat in cover time will tell if hes gonna stay but more hes out better he gets. More of a line hunter than most terriers i seen. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, C.green said:

Got my dog flying at the monent loves the catapult allways seems to catch sommat in cover time will tell if hes gonna stay but more hes out better he gets. More of a line hunter than most terriers i seen. 

The hound blood shows in a lot of them. Mine would bay on a line, great fun hunting cover. 

Nobody told mine they don't stay to ground either, they did. Some would kill below too. 1504707005567-9ccce819-9b2b-4855-8995-dc63a8cd3d44.jpg.0cf746e600143e4cd73393b712cfa706.jpg

• Like 10

Some plummer x beagle pups on one of the face book plummer pages,look chunky healthy pups and the breeder is keeping a couple for himself..

19 hours ago, stormyboy said:

The hound blood shows in a lot of them. Mine would bay on a line, great fun hunting cover. 

Nobody told mine they don't stay to ground either, they did. Some would kill below too. 1504707005567-9ccce819-9b2b-4855-8995-dc63a8cd3d44.jpg.0cf746e600143e4cd73393b712cfa706.jpg

Stormboy that's some good looking terrier you have there,is that a bit of a top lip missing,?? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dbod said:

Stormboy that's some good looking terrier you have there,is that a bit of a top lip missing,?? 

Jus his elvis impression mate😉

• Haha 1

Did these plummer terriers originate from the rough haired terriers he brought from wales when he came to Rotherham teaching in the late 60s early 70s.??

5 hours ago, fireman said:

Some plummer x beagle pups on one of the face book plummer pages,look chunky healthy pups and the breeder is keeping a couple for himself..

Do they come with GPS 😂

25 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Did these plummer terriers originate from the rough haired terriers he brought from wales when he came to Rotherham teaching in the late 60s early 70s.??

Thats what he said mate

• Haha 2