Plummers

C.green

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one is Katchums Lads Dog and its made of Electricity if my Mrs saw it she would want a pup out of her and if she met Katchum  I think she would want a Pup out of him too

Heres my new little pal....i talked a mate into getting him but have barely let him out my sight since he arrived i really like the little guy.  

My little bitch Tana,gifted from a member on here ..to be honest...it's the most switched on and angry terrier pup I've ever had lol..will need holding back not bringing on ,if she Carry's on?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, C.green said:

Ive one here now to be honest i like the look of him the little bit i saw before i owned him but cant say im liking him too much and im only wanting a busher type. Cant quite put me finger on it but at the moment seems to be missing something most terriers have. Funny little dog though catches a few rabbits in cover n that.

hows that little cocker cross terrier coming on ????

I had a plummer a few year ago...….not to bad at bushing but had quite a few off days and blow hot and cold,  reasonable marker......good with ferrets and livestock......her biggest problem was she used to be over possessive over a hole or over a rabbit that had been caught and would get a little punchy...….

50 minutes ago, jayjay said:

hows that little cocker cross terrier coming on ????

I had a plummer a few year ago...….not to bad at bushing but had quite a few off days and blow hot and cold,  reasonable marker......good with ferrets and livestock......her biggest problem was she used to be over possessive over a hole or over a rabbit that had been caught and would get a little punchy...….

how do you mean blew hot and cold? quite a few off days? 

43 minutes ago, fred90 said:

how do you mean blew hot and cold? quite a few off days? 

one day I could take her out and she'd be keen as mustard and do everything id expect of her and then another day she wouldn't leave my side like as if she got a cob on, at first I thought it could be bad scenting on the off days, but when your out with other dogs on the same day and they are flying about and she weren't interested, it used to boil my piss......but she'd quite happily start a fight over nothing...…..

11 minutes ago, jayjay said:

one day I could take her out and she'd be keen as mustard and do everything id expect of her and then another day she wouldn't leave my side like as if she got a cob on, at first I thought it could be bad scenting on the off days, but when your out with other dogs on the same day and they are flying about and she weren't interested, it used to boil my piss......but she'd quite happily start a fight over nothing...…..

lol its a strange one that is. a dog can't do much if there's no scent. but if other dogs are doing it then it proves your point. 

26 minutes ago, fred90 said:

lol its a strange one that is. a dog can't do much if there's no scent. but if other dogs are doing it then it proves your point. 

it is aye...….this bitch in question would quite happily go to ground and bolt a fox one day and another day she would piss about whine and stamp her feet and scratch at the entrance to the earth, so I would have to use a different dog to get the job done, she was by no means a digging dog but would bolt the occasional fox, but if it stood its ground she wouldn't be long coming out..... I like Plummer terriers and would never slag them off, like any terrier there's good and bad in all breeds, just speaking from the experience I had with the one I had.....

cheers.

all the best

jay.  ?

• Like 1

The reports sound good compared to the slating they got years ago. They sound like a nice busy hunting type but would they stay to ground like a good patterdale. I'd prefer if they didn't stay if bushing loose. Many a watery dog got me home in time for Sunday dinner when they didn't stay.?. My Uncle  and my grand uncle had bushing  Russell's decades back before they knew what trackers were or could afford them. They hated them types as they would stay down 2 or 3 days without been able to locate them when deep. I wish I had them now and stick a collar on them. The problem was when running them in packs you couldn't collar them all. Them old type Russell's seemed tougher and better than the snipey headed show dogs nowadays. They lived on potato skins and had no teeth from retrieving rocks and would beat a large German pointer or Alsatian into submission ??? My aunt had one 30 year ago and his bloodline is still stronger than genghis Khan. He fought every dog in the town regardless of size and then went and shagged their missus.???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Still no answer? Has anyone got one that can do time underground. No shame in a bushing dog and they are useful and sometimes more useful than a hard Patterdale. Has any of ye got one that would stay 6 or 8 hours below. I've a glen of imaal  patterdale cross that would only do half an hour but she bushes good and I shot loads of foxes with her and far more more than a hard dog could dig underground than with her hunting cover. I don't doubt they can bush. The best busher I ever seen was a springer with a Labrador that was close second but had a better nose but wasn't as quick as the spaniel. I dug the springer once to a fox and the lab caught 2 foxes bolting. Neither were better at digging than a black but I wouldn't of swapped either for one. The lab could find a fox 4 days after been shot her nose was that good and  the springer done dozens of 500 yard retrieves. I know fcuk all about plummers and only ever seen one once in the flesh so I'm not untitled to an opinion but can they dig like like a good  patterdale or if not why are  lads worried about them been leggy. Some of the best bushers around are a mix of all sorts of screwballs.

I brought one for bushing and was told that it wouldn’t go to ground but as with anything you pay your money and take your chance showed great promise when growing up bushing got to about 18 months old and got a call from my brother who used to take the dogs for a walk that it had dropped any way what ever was at home bolted and he came out kept him for a good few years tried my hardest to keep him away from holes dropped every now and again which was a b*****d nuisance when you had to be back at 3 for Sunday dinner he wouldn’t stay longer than an hour or two which f****d a few days bushing up  and caught plenty of ? on top got to much for me in the end so had to re home him oh and the Cnut would fight dogs he didn’t know at the drop of a hat ?and some days he would walk behind us and stay out of sight just following like a stalker ? 

EE5598D4-E483-4908-8210-1EF69A20583D.png

Edited by bunnyboiler
  • Like 1

Keeper up port Glasgow had 2 .both dogs .see n both work fox  but not very long encounters, think 1 was for about 2 hours till we broke through .downfall was ,they were both crocodiles and would fight with nearest dog .had to be boxed up for best part of the fix drives .although they did line a border bitch with one ,and they turned out decent animals 

On 14/08/2019 at 22:02, jiggy said:

Still no answer? Has anyone got one that can do time underground. No shame in a bushing dog and they are useful and sometimes more useful than a hard Patterdale. Has any of ye got one that would stay 6 or 8 hours below. I've a glen of imaal  patterdale cross that would only do half an hour but she bushes good and I shot loads of foxes with her and far more more than a hard dog could dig underground than with her hunting cover. I don't doubt they can bush. The best busher I ever seen was a springer with a Labrador that was close second but had a better nose but wasn't as quick as the spaniel. I dug the springer once to a fox and the lab caught 2 foxes bolting. Neither were better at digging than a black but I wouldn't of swapped either for one. The lab could find a fox 4 days after been shot her nose was that good and  the springer done dozens of 500 yard retrieves. I know fcuk all about plummers and only ever seen one once in the flesh so I'm not untitled to an opinion but can they dig like like a good  patterdale or if not why are  lads worried about them been leggy. Some of the best bushers around are a mix of all sorts of screwballs.

My old girl has never walked out,don't know how long the longest dig has gone on as looking at a watch isn't that important but she's always stayed till dug to and some digs have lasted hours.Plummers ain't ever been digging dogs but some are dogs you can have a dig to...