Plummers

C.green

6 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

nice little dog gnasher you got anymore mate?

Not at the moment mate im waiting on a Gsp but its a bit complicated.....ive had a 20 odd year break from keeping dogs and only ever had bulldogs before,much as i respect them i suppose i did look at them more as machines instead of dogs....having been reading about hunting dogs on here for years and occasionally getting out with a few folk local im finding the whole thing of bonding with a dog and sussing out his personality really rewarding....right time right place kind of thing.

6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That will keep you busy, nice wee dogs I must say. Never really gave them the attention they deserve till me lad got one, an have to admit that she opened my eyes, all the very best with it gnash?

I might be mistaken Katchum but i think it was you i spoke to a while ago about this breed,was it you that posted a picture of your lads dog in your car ?.....i dont think id ever even seen a Plummer Terrier before but that picture piqued my interest so started looking about.....im not looking to break any records just a couple of casual mooching partners that will teach me a bit about the countryside is all im after.

1 hour ago, stormyboy said:

How's it bred gnasher?

We have a bunch of meaningless names on a piece of paper mate the only one of any relevance that anyone seems to of heard of is a dog called Vandal 2 or 3 generations back.

• Like 3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one is Katchums Lads Dog and its made of Electricity if my Mrs saw it she would want a pup out of her and if she met Katchum  I think she would want a Pup out of him too

Heres my new little pal....i talked a mate into getting him but have barely let him out my sight since he arrived i really like the little guy.  

My little bitch Tana,gifted from a member on here ..to be honest...it's the most switched on and angry terrier pup I've ever had lol..will need holding back not bringing on ,if she Carry's on?

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not at the moment mate im waiting on a Gsp but its a bit complicated.....ive had a 20 odd year break from keeping dogs and only ever had bulldogs before,much as i respect them i suppose i did look at them more as machines instead of dogs....having been reading about hunting dogs on here for years and occasionally getting out with a few folk local im finding the whole thing of bonding with a dog and sussing out his personality really rewarding....right time right place kind of thing.

I might be mistaken Katchum but i think it was you i spoke to a while ago about this breed,was it you that posted a picture of your lads dog in your car ?.....i dont think id ever even seen a Plummer Terrier before but that picture piqued my interest so started looking about.....im not looking to break any records just a couple of casual mooching partners that will teach me a bit about the countryside is all im after.

We have a bunch of meaningless names on a piece of paper mate the only one of any relevance that anyone seems to of heard of is a dog called Vandal 2 or 3 generations back.

He was mine mate.

14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What Katchum is sort of asking is,is there a prefix or name before the name of the parents on the ped or even in front of your pups name?.

I'd just started posting about stormyboy owning Vandal but the misses wanted to turn the footy over and he's answered you in the time it's taken to finish :doh:,but there a good little terrier you can do all sorts with and iv'e had the best 13 years of terrier ownership with my old lass i could have asked for..The very best of luck with it Gnasher and keep us all updated on the little lads progress   :victory:...

12 hours ago, fireman said:

What Katchum is sort of asking is,is there a prefix or name before the name of the parents on the ped or even in front of your pups name?.

I'd just started posting about stormyboy owning Vandal but the misses wanted to turn the footy over and he's answered you in the time it's taken to finish :doh:,but there a good little terrier you can do all sorts with and iv'e had the best 13 years of terrier ownership with my old lass i could have asked for..The very best of luck with it Gnasher and keep us all updated on the little lads progress   :victory:...

Thats what i meant mate they were mostly just a mish mash of pet names scribbled down the 4th and 5th generation wasnt even complete theres a few prefixes Remlap is one,Saxon is another....doesnt mean much to me i wouldnt even be 100% sure its all kosher.....like i say its mostly a pal/companion/outdoor type dog so breeding wasnt particularly important and he,ll never be bred regardless....thankyou mate will do :thumbs:

• Like 2
15 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

good luck with the GSP mate I'm sure the right one will just be around the corner

ATB

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats what i meant mate they were mostly just a mish mash of pet names scribbled down the 4th and 5th generation wasnt even complete theres a few prefixes Remlap is one,Saxon is another....doesnt mean much to me i wouldnt even be 100% sure its all kosher.....like i say its mostly a pal/companion/outdoor type dog so breeding wasnt particularly important and he,ll never be bred regardless....thankyou mate will do :thumbs:

Well as it goes Remlap is a name i would look for in a plummer ped  :good:and  the lass with the Saxon pre fix  she used to post on here (keeps is/was her name) and she gave her terriers plenty to do in the field,but work or play with it the plummer is a versatile little terrier and they fit into most ways of life..

• Like 2
23 hours ago, sid g said:

I`ve never taken any notice of pedigrees my granddad used to say there not worth the paper there written on ... having said that you may find this interesting ...http://www.saxonplummerterriers.co.uk/ ..... http://www.plummerterrierclub.com/234-2/

Few interesting little links thanks Sid.

An old boy once said to me years ago that once a dog has proved himself worthy of breeding thats the time to pick up his pedigree,and ONLY then.

Dogs i had years ago the pedigree meant everything but a little terrier like this im not too fussed to be honest.

14 hours ago, fireman said:

Well as it goes Remlap is a name i would look for in a plummer ped  :good:and  the lass with the Saxon pre fix  she used to post on here (keeps is/was her name) and she gave her terriers plenty to do in the field,but work or play with it the plummer is a versatile little terrier and they fit into most ways of life..

Oh well thats nice,you like to know any pup is a decent representative of his breed regardless,cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 02/09/2019 at 17:31, Daniel cain said:

yes mate,without a doubt....then when he was cornered he told lads he had cancer not to have a slap?f***ing coward as well as a tout...

To be fair the bloke did refer to himself as a coward multiple times in his books ?

2 minutes ago, sambo123 said:

To be fair the bloke did refer to himself as a coward multiple times in his books ?

Not talking about the school teacher...on about the snake Robbie Jones from Liverpool...grassing good honest dogmen and them having their yards spun by the fuzz and arsepca?

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Not talking about the school teacher...on about the snake Robbie Jones from Liverpool...grassing good honest dogmen and them having their yards spun by the fuzz and arsepca?

Oh right haha thought you were talking about Plummer..

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My little bitch Tana,gifted from a member on here ..to be honest...it's the most switched on and angry terrier pup I've ever had lol..will need holding back not bringing on ,if she Carry's on?IMG-20211025-WA0000.jpg.00640d6fd8b072b95497c69e685d97f0.jpg

just like its owner sleep anywhere?????

• Haha 1