Terrier clubs

1 minute ago, Hatch28 said:

Of course no one knows me I keep my self to more or less my self I'm there in plain view but no one sees me just like a ghost there are a few that no me but they won't tell you anything either that's what it's come to in 2019 only way these days. 

Lmao????

• Haha 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We live in an ever changing world and Chilli has hit the nail on the head. For the past 35 years one of the increasingly important roles of well run and well supported Terrier Clubs, is that collectiv

I think terrierwork in general is on a downward spiral, a lot have left the game and none of the younger generation have replaced them. Also in regards to terrier clubs, the notion of meeting onc

so we live in the modern world , why not a internet based terrier club , a page on facebook or another site , £5 to join, so when you register to join a forum you pay fee , all monies to NWTF ,   badg

12 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Lmao????

14 minutes ago, Hatch28 said:

Of course no one knows me I keep my self to more or less my self I'm there in plain view but no one sees me just like a ghost there are a few that no me but they won't tell you anything either that's what it's come to in 2019 only way these days. 

That's good for you but I smell a rat it doesn't matter to me I don't keep dogs any more. If you can't name 1 person to vouch then you must be a rat. Not 1 other fella on here knows you.

19 minutes ago, jiggy said:

That's good for you but I smell a rat it doesn't matter to me I don't keep dogs any more. If you can't name 1 person to vouch then you must be a rat. Not 1 other fella on here knows you.

That's a wild statement to make Ive never been called a rat before never ratted on any one in my entire life doesn't bother me anyway and how do you no that no one on here knows me or what business is it of yours, every one I no want to keep their heads down they don't need attention no more than my self you won't see us all over facebook?

1 minute ago, Hatch28 said:

That's a wild statement to make Ive never been called a rat before never ratted on any one in my entire life doesn't bother me anyway and how do you no that no one on here knows me or what business is it of yours, every one I no want to keep their heads down they don't need attention no more than my self you won't see us all over facebook?

Maybe I'm wrong and would be the first to apologise if I was. I didn't call you a rat. I said it smells like a rat if nobody can vouch. You could be a sound lad. I don't know but surely you know someone on here. I wouldnt feel bad if you asked me the same question.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jiggy said:

Maybe I'm wrong and would be the first to apologise if I was. I didn't call you a rat. I said it smells like a rat if nobody can vouch. You could be a sound lad. I don't know but surely you know someone on here. I wouldnt feel bad if you asked me the same question.

Regardless of if he knows someone or not, what will he gain in telling you, other than lads trying to fish for even more info to post for all to see?? 

15 hours ago, Barrie said:

Hi Glyn

Personally speaking, I view anything which serves to draw terriermen and woman together and enables them to act collectively to defend and promote terrierwork, as being nothing but a positive move. I wouldn’t necessarily see the two things as being mutually exclusive, but more as complementing each other for a common goal. Neither do I see any reason why such a "club" couldn't form part of the NWTF alongside the more "traditional" terrier clubs. 

On the downside, I’m sure any such move would face similar challenges to the more “traditional” terrier clubs, not least a willingness to get involved and the ability make things happen. We have a lot to learn from our opponents, dislike them we may and I do, but commitment is something they've never lacked (hopefully someone will prove me wrong).

J.M.H.O. – Barrie

P.S. It was nice to see you use the phrase “were you do it for the honour of being asked”. Like you I can remember the time when that was the norm within terrier clubs, but much as I hate to say it, it’s something rarely seen these days. ?

Hi Barrie,

the times have changed, more challenging times ahead

I've never really been into the showing side of things and hadn't really been to many for 10 years , went to a few this year was shocked over all by the low turn out at them must be sickening for the the people who run the shows all that hard work for nothing I hope there is a up turn soon or clubs may go under and unfortunately I don't  think we'll be seeing many new club online or otherwise

But at least summers almost gone and a new season ahead of us

I'll catch next year at the same show

Regards 

Glyn

3 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Hi Barrie,

the times have changed, more challenging times ahead

I've never really been into the showing side of things and hadn't really been to many for 10 years , went to a few this year was shocked over all by the low turn out at them must be sickening for the the people who run the shows all that hard work for nothing I hope there is a up turn soon or clubs may go under and unfortunately I don't  think we'll be seeing many new club online or otherwise

But at least summers almost gone and a new season ahead of us

I'll catch you next year at the same show

Regards 

Glyn

Hi Glyn

God willing and I look forward to it ?

That stretch of water and that particular Hunt always hold very special memories for me. In these difficult times there are very few hunts which aren't already strapped for cash and their annual terrier show is an important fundraiser which enables them to continue year in and year out. Just one more reason to keep flying the flag. Failing that, the kettle's always on and we even have one of those fancy pod coffee makers these days  ?

Kindest Regards - Barrie  

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, jiggy said:

Sure what would I want any one to vouch for me for I don't want anything off anyone and for the most part don't want anything to with any one I don't personally no. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, jiggy said:

There is wrong ones in every walk in life. I wouldn't think it's a fair comment to say most are bad eggs. Most of the top men that became famous in U.K. Or Ireland were selling dogs for big money and treated like kings. Famous names included but I've met lads in that club that would gift you a dog when they didn't have to and be at the end of a phone if you needed. Are you talking committee members or general members. I'm not a member anymore but have to call it as it is and say they are ok.  What part of the country are you from? PM if you want. I've no connection anymore with club so it don't matter to me I'm just  interested for feedback in what works.

Can't argue with you on that. In that case I owe whom ever they are who saved terrier work here a big thanks . I do like how things role around my area keep yourself to yourself and things seem sound no stress related what so ever. Digging is an absolute pleasure and a ban seems a lifetime away but as I said I dont like getting caught up with to much what other people do or think, I just like my weekend mornings to myself and some times digging buddies .I still wouldn't join a club but if it's someone else's fancy then it's no harm. If it came down to saving terrier work I would join but it just don't seem that way or come across that way. I think they are a great percentage of terrier men feel the same especially the older ones who wouldn't dream of using the net. Maybe if the itwf reached out to those whom aren't so internet friendly they may have more members but that is difficult I'm sure if some of these terrermen don't go to shows and their digging circle is but a few. 

15 hours ago, jiggy said:

Not been funny jiggy and I don't know hatch but I know know one on here the terrier game is bigger than this site not all digging men know this site only a small fraction do but I could be wrong but I think I'm not

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Not been funny jiggy and I don't know hatch but I know know one on here the terrier game is bigger than this site not all digging men know this site only a small fraction do but I could be wrong but I think I'm not

I only know a few off here and most people I know wouldn't dream of using the WWW in regards to dogs and their probably right it's unbelievable what these phones and devices can save. 

2 minutes ago, Hatch28 said:

I only know a few off here and most people I know wouldn't dream of using the WWW in regards to dogs and their probably right it's unbelievable what these phones and devices can save. 

True ain't we are our own worst enemies at times. I no not one on here people have had tried making stabs at me to draw me out but for what their is no point. I'll never dig with em or want to I heard to many lads talk good and bad about the same person why bother with all that shite just worry bout yourself and your own dogs nothing else matter.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2
On 14/08/2019 at 11:44, Barrie said:

At the time the IWTF was formed, terrierwork in Ireland in Ireland was under a very real threat and one of the most senior and influential Irish politicians had already described terrierwork as “a hunt too far.” Some 18 months later I was an invited guest at the IWTF AGM and by then that very same politician was describing terrierwork as “a necessary form of pest control” (all of this is a matter of public record and you can look it up for yourself).

It’s no mean feat to get politicians to do U Turns and particularly in such a public manner. All of this was down to the IWTF and it showed to me what I already knew…. that you can achieve a lot more when you stick together, rather than continually tearing each other apart.

My experience was just like yours Jiggy. The IWTF AGM itself was conducted in the most professional manner that I have ever witnessed from a terrier based organisation (including the NWTF), even down to the level that it included video transcripts of politician’s comments and debates. My only regret about that entire weekend was that those guys I met all lived in Ireland, rather than on the mainland U.K. For me it was a very humbling and refreshing experience to be sat with men who simply got on with the job, rather than just blowing hot air and steam.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie  

Thanks Barrie. Couldn’t have put it any better.

We learnt from the best and  your advice and support was immeasurable.

Still is to this day. 

The political tide has yet again turned in both the UK and Ireland. Without the work behind the scenes matters would be a lot different and we always need to keep our eyes on the ball. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 13/08/2019 at 22:07, Hatch28 said:

Your better off as you are the less that no your business the better, there's a club here I think its called Irish working terrier federation anyway to cut a long story short what I've seen first hand of the members I've met and no of their everything from junkies to thieves dog dealers five pound drug pushers and the list goes on ? doesn't seem to be any good amongst them, any fellas that are doing a bit stay well clear of clubs and are hardly known apart from the few they dig with. 

A very cooney'esq post that ?

• Like 2
On 13/08/2019 at 16:42, jiggy said:

I would disagree. 20 years ago any lads I knew doubled up dogs. With the bellman an flint single handed digging dogs became the normal. Some of those old dogs were watery as fcuk.Every old dude seems to think things we're better years ago. All I see from them is contrary old  b*****ds that can't dig like a young lad but have an opinion about how it should be done.? You can't beat youth kicking the end of a graft.Im only 38 and I can't even dig like I could 5 year ago. You must be a lot older.Thats not saying you don't have more knowledge. It just means you can't dig like you used to. There is some very good dogs out there at the moment. Them white dogs in cork are doing their job and plenty of black and  chocolate dogs doing it too. You must be in a bad area or its maybe 20 year ago since a bedlington could stay longer than half an hour.

Ill take it as tongue in cheek about the staying power of a beddy?.If im out and about with the scruffy fluffs i take advantage of the younger,keener,fitter and more easily influenced youths in attendance and let them warm the grafter,I prefer to spectate and dictate.The average decent terrier will always be such,much akin to the owner.I can state with a little regret that decent digging terriers where far easier to source a few decades ago and thats a fact that the youngsters now, sick of culling shite may attest to.Getting back on point the FMWTC is a far more important organisation than any other,they rescue many a useful and useless mutt,they are there to be used by anybody that wishes to enter a terrier,good bad and indifferent,that covers the owners as well,they do fantastic charity work,Nicky as a show at the causeway Inn next weekend?,he has raised many,many thousands over the years for charity,he,s rescued a few mutts as well if thats important.For a lousy tenner you can work your mutts with a safety net,support your local FMWTClubs and the tireless individuals that do the thankless tasks we lazy twats take for granted,get along to the shows and charity events and donate a little that gives us a lot.

• Like 3