in house ferrets

anyone on here have ferrets brought in to the house in the evenings for a few hours? my daughter has taken over the care of the two young jills i got and man shes done great work ,at 8 ish every evening they come in and bounce around the room and on the sofa and have a ball...they are as tame as hell and she lies across the sofa and they climb on boars and sleep across her neck and legs etc ,and go to sleep..Ive kept ferrets most of my adult life and never felt that comfy with them near my face etc but she has no dread at all...I hope they make good working stock and kill two birds with the one stone ,the wife dreads them and wont participate at all in touching them ...what do you reckon ,is there any down side to having them in the house,i dont think it will have edverse effects on their hunting prowess if its in them..

They are bred from good lines of workers so ,hopefully that will be the making of them ,

• Like 1

I don't keep mine in the house but I do keep my whippets inside.I think it makes them more controllable,loyal and they understand you better which equals a better hunting companion.I can't see ferrets being any different as long as they aren't chums with a pet rabbit.

• Haha 1

since I've had a Mrs and little uns they have taken over the rearing/handling of any ferrets I've had.....I work and feed them jig?never once has it stopped them grafting 100%,they are clever.little animals imo,and do well interacting,when you treat them like a dog etc?20190810_145834.jpg.571820b2daf0afa6daef9a2917665e33.jpg20190810_145529.jpg.1ca0f91a83cea73eec410822afa706bf.jpg

kids have no fear of.them at all?

• Like 4

I don't have mine in they would pressure the dog and he wouldn't like that. But you can't have them too tame it all pays off in the field.
I don't handle mine a great deal but I think if you get it done in the first year it just sticks with them. I just let then have a run about once or twice a week and handle when cleaning and feeding.

• Like 2

This is my youngest Girl about 40 years ago she looked after the Ferrets for years and she was always playing with them and sometimes she would sneak them into the house and put them to bed  one night I was going up stairs and passed the spare room and I thought I saw something move I wentin and moved a couple of toys the bent down to look under a Wardrobe as I did I looked at the girls Dolls house I was realy big and very old and it contained every thing , as I was looking a Ferret looked straight back at me through a pair of Gingham Curtains it was a bit of a shock and as I lent back another one  popped its head out of the Chimney pot, ……. that done me ….door shut Bed .

IMG_20190810_0001.jpg

• Haha 6

When I was about 12 or 13 had my first ferret, every evening I would go down to the ferret and she how she was handle her etc. One day went there the lid was up ferret was gone, I was hunting every were in the garden in a panic. Then noticed my sister with her dolls pram, yea you got it. There was my ferret not only in the pram but all dressed up, it was loving it just laid there. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Haha 3