whitehouse and mortimer gone fishing

good bit of  tv , shows the nice countryside , and the skill at times with fishing, whitehouse is the real fisherman , but mortimer  as a go , and likes the sport. it nice easy viewing , with bits of comedy  thrown in  , got good viewing figures  from what i read . just wonder if anybody on here ever watched the programs .?

• Like 3

I really have enjoyed all the episodes.

As said; Paul Whitehouse is a very skilled angler and Bob Mortimer reminds me of a ten year old full of enthusiasm but no skills, co-ordination or craft whatsoever. He still ends up holding the rod by the lower end of the but after casting and winds in when the fish is taking line ?

I think that last night's episode showed that Paul Whitehouse is not that comfortable with the boilies, bivvies and bed chairs approach to angling. He couldn't wait to get away from the four static rods and do a bit of stalking. I can relate to that.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/08/2019 at 18:45, oxo said:

Think it's good tv, 2 funny blokes, lovely countryside and shows our sport in a good light.

I think that the last episode confirmed what we all thought in that Bob really does struggle to concentrate enough to make a go of angling. And he seems to have a worse casting technique now than at the beginning. He still can't even hold a rod properly.

I enjoyed the series, but I think it is time to draw a line under it now. I don't know if it was Bob's illness or other factors, but he has no balance, co-ordination or strength in his body. He had a trial with Middlesborough FC as a kid,  but I doubt that he'd get into the Sunderland first eleven these days.

• Haha 1
  • 2 years later...