It’s that time of year again

Well it’s almost here, a week tomorrow and we have our first day, just a small day teaching them how to fly, I’m hoping for a season like last year, they have all stuck around and are not wandering to far from roost, we have also played the game and temped a few of next doors birds to come and join the dark side along with some Wildies, the one thing that has been noticed is they are not taking the amount of feed that last years birds did by this time, maybe it’s down to there been a lot of natural still about for them, I was watching a small group wolfing down acorns the other day and another group going mental under the beech trees, in one respect it comes around quicker every year but I still feel like I’ve waited ages for it to start, 7 more sleeps until I put my shirt and tie on and pretend to be posh ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well it’s almost here, a week tomorrow and we have our first day, just a small day teaching them how to fly, I’m hoping for a season like last year, they have all stuck around and are not wandering to far from roost, we have also played the game and temped a few of next doors birds to come and join the dark side along with some Wildies, the one thing that has been noticed is they are not taking the amount of feed that last years birds did by this time, maybe it’s down to there been a lot of natural still about for them, I was watching a small group wolfing down acorns the other day and another group going mental under the beech trees, in one respect it comes around quicker every year but I still feel like I’ve waited ages for it to start, 7 more sleeps until I put my shirt and tie on and pretend to be posh ?

Mines all pressed ready, can't wait? even bought a new shirt??

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Stavross said:

The years are getting weirdly shorter indeed buddie.

• Like 1

Your not wrong, there’s not enough days in the week for me, this is the first year I can remember when I’ve never had time to shoot pigeons over stubble or summer squirrels around the shoot, although they will be getting battered over the coming weeks 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Mines all pressed ready, can't wait? even bought a new shirt??

I've bought a new tie!! My missus gets well pis§ed off, her actual words "you'll happily go out with me dressed like a tramp but you get all dressed up for a bunch of weird old men"!! 

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I've bought a new tie!! My missus gets well pis§ed off, her actual words "you'll happily go out with me dressed like a tramp but you get all dressed up for a bunch of weird old men"!! 

That's good devotion Ben! Going out with the Mrs dressed like a tramp is true love mate, well done you ?

• Haha 1

Well first day for us Tomorow ,beater not a shooter <too skint >but a brace ,a nice snap and a beaters day cant be bad .Get to keep the vermin down too .Looking forward too it ,Has it really been 9 months already .

And yes Stav woman like going out with their other half ,something called being a couple or summatt along those lines ,il google it if i were you .Dangerous creatures when left to think for themselves :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really must look into this, maybe I’m ment to spend some time in restaurants with her instead of dark fields on my own, I’ll do a bit of research and let you all know 

hope you have a cracking day tomorrow, beating is my favourite bit, I’d take running the beating line over shooting any day ?

• Like 2

I can recommend the following places ,KFC and Burger king ,and Mcdonalds if you want a very expensive divorce .But if you want a "keeper" you have to suffer overpriced n poorly serviced posh places .Allow the price of a decent scope or shooting jacket and you,l be in good books but skint ,brownie points allow nights on the bunnies and foxes but once a year is not enough .

Trouble is people say the most expensive purchase is your house ,no it isnt ,its the item that picks the decor ,scatters cushions everywhere ,and leaves coloured flipping pebbles in silly jars and saucers all over the house :censored:

• Haha 5