It’s that time of year again

Day 7 over and although not massive numbers it was still a cracking day, I had longshanx shooting today so decided to give him my gun so he could shoot every drive and I could keep the beaters in line, the weather was superb clear sky’s so you could see for miles, there was some good high birds shot today as they were getting up nice and early in the drives and up above the trees long before they reached the guns, stopping for a mid morning break we were treated to sausages and belly pork and to drink, 7 year old sloe gin that you could of ran your car on, after lunch we finished the day off with a few small drives and one that we haven’t done before that next season will become a new drive, the bag for the day was 32 and to top it off that was my number in the sweep so I was quids in ?

7A572713-ABB3-4B5F-8D8D-3CA68C3CC438.jpeg

E5B589BB-9385-4683-9B16-2C41E071F33A.jpeg

829C82B7-B192-4B00-B1E3-B5EBC6ADA579.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

A grand day out eh Grommet, that's what we go out for good friends and a good time. Fresh air ,good company great food and a few birds for the pot cant be bad ??.

No surprise you won the sweepstakes money to money again Stav ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

A grand day out eh Grommet, that's what we go out for good friends and a good time. Fresh air ,good company great food and a few birds for the pot cant be bad ??.

No surprise you won the sweepstakes money to money again Stav ???

Haha it’s the first time I’ve ever won it, I had 32 because all the higher numbers had gone, I’ll end up putting my winnings in petrol in the quad ?

• Haha 1

Well we are shooting again tomorrow, this is an extra day as there’s still a good few about, it will be my last day this season because I can’t make the 1st of February, I’m shooting tomorrow and although I’m not the best shot let me tell you as it’s my last day and I’m not paying for the cartridges I’ll be putting enough lead in the air to make Greta Thunberg pass out and you better believe that whoever is next to me I will be shooting at their birds too ?

• Haha 3

Good man ,last day for us too i,m beating but it dont matter a jot .Port is ready ,soggy rolls ,chickny things ,nice cheese and various nibbity things .The midday drinks box is filled ,the home made chilli jam ,tiger bread etc will be most excellant and after shoot banter in the pub will be of the highest order .Shame the season ends but before you know it we,l be getting that roll call message and brushing the mud off to start again .

Go get em Stav and make sure you p/m Greta and tell her to get a job 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well we are shooting again tomorrow, this is an extra day as there’s still a good few about, it will be my last day this season because I can’t make the 1st of February, I’m shooting tomorrow and although I’m not the best shot let me tell you as it’s my last day and I’m not paying for the cartridges I’ll be putting enough lead in the air to make Greta Thunberg pass out and you better believe that whoever is next to me I will be shooting at their birds too ?

A certain you know who will be crying at the end of the day because you've burnt through all the cartridges ?

Well day 8 over with and my last day of the season, we had a lot of guests and kids shooting with us today so there was no expectation of a big bag, it was a bit of an odd day, doing drives the wrong way round and a couple of places we haven’t done before, mainly as a bit of a tester for next season as we plan on opening up a couple of new drives, there was no peg drawn today so for each drive we could put people who hadn’t had much shooting in a position where they had a very good chance of taking a bird or two, everybody had some good birds over them so the rest was down to them, I managed to bag just 4 today but 2 of them were crackers, the second was particularly pleasing as I was back gunning and it came out above the trees everyone in the beating line including the shoot captain shouted my name ( so no pressure then ) a quick snap shot and down she came, it put a smile on my face when they cheer and shout there appreciation, mid morning refreshments were in the form of sausage roll, pork pies, scotch eggs and home made cake, to wet our whistles a drop of sloe gin and port, the final count was 18 pheasants and a woodcock, not big numbers but definitely another cracking day with some amazing people, as I’m not able to go next week I’ve given longshanx my gun so he can go and have a bit of free shooting, he can also take my mate Morris with him to help clear up some stragglers, I’m hoping that with the way we are going to run it next season I’ll have the opportunity to give someone else the chance to come and have a go on our little shoot ??

3A4DDF99-6560-41F5-AAC0-CFEB69D2FDD9.jpeg

C529786D-3A32-417B-AF74-6D531FBA5725.jpeg

E6D3C30B-E010-4AB7-8FDF-CADE8E431BAC.jpeg

• Like 5