It’s that time of year again

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hills, since  then he has gone back to work but has never been out shooting with me since he had his heart attack, he always said he was tired, but I always thought that a lot of this was he was worried that something would happen when we were out, anyway I’ve just got off the phone to him to see if he wanted to come to the shoot on Saturday 7th, I told him he could shoot all day if he wanted to and if he did want to do some beating it would be whatever he felt comfortable with, to my surprise he said he’d like to come, I am absolutely over the moon that he’s coming out with me again and I’m sure there will be a few on the shoot that will be pleased to see him, with a bit of luck this will be the start of our shooting adventures again 

• Like 7

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

Well it’s day three tomorrow so I’ve been up this morning for a bit of hand feeding around the drives to be shot tomorrow, they are about in good numbers and with this cold weather we have had the birds have come good and are looking very strong, one thing that will need to be addressed over the season and after is the squirrel problem, I have never seen this amount up here, I stopped off in the yard and counted 11 around 2 trees, so everyone will be told tomorrow if you see them, shoot them, the weather is looking terrible for tomorrow, much the same as the first day with the forecast saying heavy rain for the majority of the day, it’s longshanx first day shooting with us tomorrow and I’m just hoping that the birds are dry enough to fly even if we are soaking wet

7EABACEE-D150-4BC2-B399-99CE4EABE3F6.jpeg

1BB3873B-BF36-4E2F-A644-02302732ED25.jpeg

E1E5128F-0561-4E9B-B0B2-C5BA99A3C070.jpeg

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’m going to have to get one, I think I’ve reached the age where I carry one off now? I’ve just looked at the weather and I think I’ll have to dig out my oilskins 

No matter what your age water running down your back defeats buying expensive coats to keep warm and dry in mate!

I had mine on this afternoon in the rain and never felt a spot on my neck ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I’m going to have to get one, I think I’ve reached the age where I carry one off now? I’ve just looked at the weather and I think I’ll have to dig out my oilskins 

Just not one of them ones with a bloody pheasant tail in it! Might as well wear a badge saying "twat face"

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Just not one of them ones with a bloody pheasant tail in it! Might as well wear a badge saying "twat face"

My grandad bless him wore a Tyrolean hat with a feather in it an ex miner with 15 years in the army in Burma then Korea good look calling him twat face Ben hope you got a good dentist :thumbs:

• Haha 4

I recon it might be alright tomorrow stav.. its been the first dry week we've had in ages!

it was supposed to be shite today but apart from a light drizzle nowt and its supposed to be raining now and its fine...

hope you all have a good day:good:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

I recon it might be alright tomorrow stav.. its been the first dry week we've had in ages!

it was supposed to be shite today but apart from a light drizzle nowt and its supposed to be raining now and its fine...

hope you all have a good day:good:

Hope it is only a light drizzle Si, the forecast I saw this morning looked very wet????

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well it’s day three tomorrow so I’ve been up this morning for a bit of hand feeding around the drives to be shot tomorrow, they are about in good numbers and with this cold weather we have had the birds have come good and are looking very strong, one thing that will need to be addressed over the season and after is the squirrel problem, I have never seen this amount up here, I stopped off in the yard and counted 11 around 2 trees, so everyone will be told tomorrow if you see them, shoot them, the weather is looking terrible for tomorrow, much the same as the first day with the forecast saying heavy rain for the majority of the day, it’s longshanx first day shooting with us tomorrow and I’m just hoping that the birds are dry enough to fly even if we are soaking wet

7EABACEE-D150-4BC2-B399-99CE4EABE3F6.jpeg

1BB3873B-BF36-4E2F-A644-02302732ED25.jpeg

E1E5128F-0561-4E9B-B0B2-C5BA99A3C070.jpeg

Got the Mrs saying some prayers for me being a good Catholic girl ?

Be bloody typical my first paid day of shooting and it will be lashing down. 

Fingers crossed those birds get up like the other week?? (probably miss the feckers anyway but hey ho we live in hope ?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Hope it is only a light drizzle Si, the forecast I saw this morning looked very wet????

its been wrong all week Ls...

I was out on Tuesday night and it started snowing, didn't do any harm but that was me back in the batmobile away home❄️

• Like 1

Out til 2am looking for S/d,s ghost fox .only appears to the landowner or dog walkers but  has a Klingon cloaking device when im about .Wett and slimy underfoot after a solid afternoon drizzle but stayed dry till i got back to the car thanks Mrs Longshanks your prayers worked for me .Wet as a politician today but i dont envy you that damp wind has an edge to it here good luck and hope your bags full atb

• Like 1