It’s that time of year again

That’s a proper “ git orf my land “ grumpy farmer look ?

glad you managed to get out on your first day and made the best of it, even with all the rain, the birds must be well and truly sick of all this wet weather now, unless it dry’s out a bit getting them to fly is going to be a problem, although we had some good shooting last time there was still a lot making a run for it, we are out again next Saturday and looking at the weather we could have a bit more rain towards the end of the week 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

My attempt at turd polishing! 

First day with my new syndicate, great fun despite most of the drives requiring waders!!

Shot very badly first two, had long talk with myself then it improved! Highlight was second to last of day, dropping a high & rising cock bird in front dropping right behind me, very satisfying. The dogs worked incredible considering the amount of water. ?

20191116_113859.jpg

Lord Ben of Benboy hall!

Who did your tie for you mate?

?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Ye cheeky b*****ds!!!

I can't complain to be the type to regular do a tie! Needs must 

I do a few black tie things cos I have too and years on after school I can still do it... but as much as I love our sport I can’t bring myself to join the Range Rover and tweeed crew!!

5943E510-9B18-40CD-8EEE-9AF7AF083A8E.jpeg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, si brown said:

I do a few black tie things cos I have too and years on after school I can still do it... but as much as I love our sport I can’t bring myself to join the Range Rover and tweeed crew!!

5943E510-9B18-40CD-8EEE-9AF7AF083A8E.jpeg

Le cont Dracula !

Show us yer teeth then.....that explains why your always out at night.....yes! ?

• Haha 2

Feeding up this morning and they are hungry, it was good to see a few feeders empty or getting very low,  they are now taking a lot of feed now much of the natural has gone, I was there on my own today so had plenty of time to get around the full shoot to see where the birds move out to once they came off roost, there was good numbers in the 4 main drives around the farm, so with feeders filled and a good bit of hand feeding on the rides and straw we have put down I headed over to the far side of the shoot known as the valley drive and pen, not a bird to be seen and not a massive amount of feed taken, so it’s looking like we won’t be shooting this drive on Saturday, it always seems to be the case that there’s always one drive each year that doesn’t produce the birds, for some reason or an other, last year it was the oak wood and this year it seems to be the valley 

4D4B29FB-86A3-48F9-9D10-D3143E930C01.jpeg

0A546BC0-03D2-4086-BD70-DC9A075F87BF.jpeg

E9FDFB0D-4E27-4B86-B2B1-833791B97C27.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Something must be at them on that drive, or a dog walker, farm dog. Fox after you have passed through.

We get a lot of dog walkers up that end of the shoot and if they get bothered early on the tend to wander, most of the time down to what’s known as the forestry drive, closer to the farm, there was a lot of birds at forestry today so maybe they have down where it’s a bit quieter 

• Like 1

Same up this way with the acorns, last year the trees were covered in them, this year the beech nuts have come good and the pheasants have been making the most of them, come to think about it that will be why there’s so many squizzers around the farm

• Like 1