It’s that time of year again

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

8 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Can he shoot driven birds as well as he shoots Charlie?? 

Really glad you had a good day after your washout last time. And check out the shirt & tie; who says you can't polish a turd??? 

He can definitely hold his own, he was in the line next to Hugo’s dad and that lad can really shoot and he said he hit some good birds

as for the glitter on a turd comment from you and sd, that’s one of the nicest ways people have ever described me ?

• Haha 2

Your welcome mate??. Cracking day, dogs worked brilliant and some good high birds. It's was great to see all the young guns taking some good birds, especially one young man who hit his first pheasant, he was brimming from ear to ear? brilliant. 

IMG_20191109_113439.jpg

IMG_20191109_113429.jpg

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 4

Glad the day went well stav, I can see there’s a lot of dedication and pride goes into what you do?
bet them pheasants we’re huddled up well last night.. was out other side of a1 and went up Sutton bank on way home,  first time this year I’ve been beaten by the cold.. me mate thought his nose was gonna fall off and I gave up as I couldn’t press buttons on anything as me fingers were so numb:(

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Your welcome mate??. Cracking day, dogs worked brilliant and some good high birds. It's was great to see all the young guns taking some good birds, especially one young man who hit his first pheasant, he was brimming from ear to ear? brilliant. 

That young lads first bird was a cracker with the little 28bore, it came out above the trees, when he took the shot his back was arched, it must of looked a very long way up to him, it’s head went back as it fell 20 yards behind him, he will remember that for the rest of his life ?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, si brown said:

Glad the day went well stav, I can see there’s a lot of dedication and pride goes into what you do?
bet them pheasants we’re huddled up well last night.. was out other side of a1 and went up Sutton bank on way home,  first time this year I’ve been beaten by the cold.. me mate thought his nose was gonna fall off and I gave up as I couldn’t press buttons on anything as me fingers were so numb:(

You should of given us a shout, you would of went past the back of the shoot if you came up Sutton bank, we could of put you in the beating line ?

After a fantastic day yesterday, back to reality today feeding up, absolutely freezing, managed to get the quad stuck because I was to lazy to walk 150 yards to a feeder, still with two of us on the job we had it cracked off in under 3 hours 

0800CD03-454A-412C-AEE0-FFACF7B48B7F.jpeg

8378D99A-27A0-4131-9BA6-760C04BADC4F.jpeg

2F173B1D-706C-4753-8655-59B3DDDAF5F0.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

You should of given us a shout, you would of went past the back of the shoot if you came up Sutton bank, we could of put you in the beating line ?

it was the early hours stav, all I could think of was getting home.. felt like id taken a beating the wind was that raw!

when you gonna star in one of your mates YouTube vids?! 

look forward to his stuff.. the mans mental:yes:well his intro's are:laugh:

• Like 1

I’m not one to brag when I’m hanging out with the A listers ? 

3 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

And me just caught up with my YouTube. Kept that quiet???

19 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Oh the hi life you slebs lead ,when you in Country life or Tatler next :rofl:.Could i have your autograph pleese :clapper:

Haha, is tatler still going, I could be a bit of cover eye candy for the ladies ?

• Haha 3

My attempt at turd polishing! 

First day with my new syndicate, great fun despite most of the drives requiring waders!!

Shot very badly first two, had long talk with myself then it improved! Highlight was second to last of day, dropping a high & rising cock bird in front dropping right behind me, very satisfying. The dogs worked incredible considering the amount of water. ?

20191116_113859.jpg

• Like 4